"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Yesterday's Appointment

Sorry, guys!  I am a day late on updating you all on yesterday's appointment with Dr T---how horrible am I?? ;)

I had to be there at 7am (yuck).  They open at this time, and us IVF-ers have to go for our routine u/s and blood work between 7-9am.  I have learned through trial and error that waiting until 7:30 or 8 is a bad idea, so I just suck it up and get there no later than 6:50am so I can wait in line at the door like the other ladies who have learned their lesson (yes, there is a line!).  Luckily, I was the first person there and got in lickady-quick!  Woohoo!

Ruthie (one of the super sweet medical assistants) drew my estradiol level and a blood pregnancy test (of course, it was negative, but juuuuuust in case ;) ), and then I moved on the u/s room.  This u/s was a lot easier because they were only looking at my uterine lining (I thought they'd look at my ovaries, but the nurse said that's not necessary at this point), so it was literally a thirty-second exam.  Needless to say, my lady parts were thankful for the brevity of the situation, lol.

So, my lining is currently 5mm thick, which is expected for this stage in the game (and since I am---TMI alert---being visited my Aunt Flo).  It should grow to 10-13mm thick by the time of the transfer, so I was told to start my Estradiol pills (2mg) last night along with my usual 5 units of Lupron (shot).  I will take this combo Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night and then be seen again in the office at 8am Monday morning (due to the holiday, there's only one time we can be seen)!  Praying for a good report! :)

Now, time for some football with the hubs and a few friends!  I hope everyone has a safe and fun Labor Day weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment