"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Daily Happenings

Why hello again!  Fancy meeting you here! ;)  Ready for the rundown of today's happenings?  Not too much too tell, but here it goes:

My lining is at 7.2mm today, so only a growth of 0.2mm since Monday.  Not great, but it's in the right direction, so I'll take it!  I have to increase my dose of Estradiol to three tablets a day, or 6mg.  I'll take three pills today and tomorrow (one in the morning and then two at night), and then just one on Friday morning before my 7am appointment.  The Lupron dose is still 5 units for now.

My TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) has gone up from 2.1 to 5.1, which was a little shocking, because the medicine had been controlling it so well.  But Dr T isn't concerned because the hormones I'm taking right now can raise it (he said it will continue to go up once I'm pregnant, too), so he just doubled the dose of my medication for now (50mcg of Synthroid) and we will recheck it in a few weeks.  In case you're curious, an under-active thyroid can effect a woman's ovulation, so I started medication right away when Dr T noticed my levels were borderline high in January.  Even though we're doing the FET, so ovulation isn't an issue, there are still side effects of high TSH levels (exhaustion, balding, weight gain, hot flashes...no thank you!), so he likes to keep it under control.

Ba-deep, ba-deep, ba-deep, that's all folks!  (Hahaha...sorry, that was corny, I know.  But admit it---you know you cracked a smile!)  Please keep those prayers coming!  Even though it seems like nothing much is happening, I know God is continuing to work on His masterpiece, and I can't wait to see the finished product(s)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment