"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Sunday, September 16, 2012

3dp5dt

I know, it looks like an algebra equation, doesn't it??  Don't worry, we're not going to be doing any more math, but this is going to more of an "educational post" (since I have nothing better to do while we wait for our snow babies to get comfy!)...so get ready for some fun! ;)

This "equation" is actually what us TTC gals use as an indication of where we are in our TWW (Two Week Wait; or time in between the transfer and the pregnancy test).  Let me explain what my current jumble of letters and numbers mean:

3dp5dt = "3 days past a 5 day transfer"

When they put our snow babies back, they were five days old, which means we had a "five day transfer" done, hence the second number.  It's been three days since the transfer, so that's where the first number comes in.  Tomorrow, I will be 4dp5dt, and when I test the following Monday, I will be 11dp5dt.  Making any sense at all?  Hope I'm not making it too confusing!

In a "normal" cycle (a non-IVF/FET cycle), where a women is in her TWW is represented as "dpo" (Days Past Ovulation, or when the egg was released).  Someone who had an IUI done (like we did before) would have the sperm put in on the day she ovulates, and then she would count down the days until either a) her period would be due, or b) she could get a positive test (usually around 13 or 14dpo). Embryos usually implant into the uterus around 6-10dpo, and then they begin to secrete that hormone we talked about before (HCG), which can be detected in the blood a few days later (and then in the urine a few days after that).  

Since we did IVF and then a FET, I technically didn't "ovulate", but instead, my eggs were removed from my ovaries and fertilized, just like they would have been in a normal cycle; it was just done outside my body and with a little guidance!  So, the day my eggs were removed can be also be counted as the day I ovulated.  Since our embies were frozen and then transferred at five days old, and since it's been three days since the transfer, I am technically 8dpo...which means the little ones should be snuggling in for the long nine month ride right about...NOW! If not already! :)  Eek!!!

Ok, enough teaching...let's talk symptoms! lol  I am still feeling grrrrreat---PTL! I really haven't had a ton of symptoms, other than the off and on (very mild) cramps/pressure and being tired.  In previous cycles, I had a million "symptoms" and felt pretty poorly the whole TWW, but I honestly think a lot of those were side effects of the HCG trigger-shots (which make you feel very pregnant, no lie) and Progesterone pills (which also made me queasy, bloated, and have sore tah-tahs).  I'm sooo blessed to be feeling good this cycle, and to not have all of those "faux pregnancy symptoms"!  Now I can hopefully focus on the REAL symptoms when (and if) they come! ;)

I am still keeping my trust fully in God and His plan, and we pray every day that, if it's His timing, He will bless us with a healthy little one (or two...we wouldn't complain, lol).  It's hard to believe, but in just eight days, we will finally find out what God has in store for us!! Y'all keep praying, please! 



No comments:

Post a Comment