"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Update and a Confession


Time for another update from my appointment yesterday!

I had to be there at 8am this time (due to the holiday office hours), so I figured being ten minutes early would give me a good advantage.  Boy, was I wrong!  There were nine cars already in the parking lot when I got there, and the waiting room was standing room only!  Luckily, they're very efficient there, so it only took about twenty minutes or so for me to be taken back.

Dr T actually did my u/s this time, and he very pleased to see my lining has grown to 7mm.  Way to go, uterus!  (In case you don't remember, the goal is 10-13mm.)  My estrogen level "looked good" (per Denese, the nurse), so I took my usual 5 units of Lupron and 2mg of Estradiol last night and will repeat it again tonight.  He said based on tomorrow's labs and u/s, we might increase the dose of the Estradiol to 4mg, just to give my lining an extra boost.  So, tomorrow, I have to be there at 7am...I'm thinking maybe I should camp out in the car the night before my appointments.  Whatcha think? ;)

In other news, I got to meet my new OB/GYN today!  (This was only my second of four appointments to have my va-jay "probed" this week...man, oh man, are my lady parts gonna be maaaaad at me! lol) Anyway, we will call him Dr S, and I think this one is going to work!  He's very friendly (but not too friendly), answered all my questions, and didn't stand there with the door open while talking to me (yes, I've had this experience...that is why I'm changing doctors!)...sounds like a winner to me!

So, for today's appointment, he got a little history from me, did the usual exam (ouchie-wah-wah), and then said he can't wait to see me in hopefully just a few months for my prenatal exam!  Eek---just the thought of me actually being pregnant makes me smile! :)

Well, that's it in the way of doctor's appointments (until tomorrow, that is).  Just one more tidbit I'd like to discuss...or confess, lol.

(Now please, before proceeding, remember that I usually am a very sane, compassionate, mild-tempered person.  But lately...)

I am having mood swings.  Yes, mood swings.  MUTANT mood swings, to be more precise.  I feel like I'm either going through menopause or my ninth month of pregnancy--not sure which, but neither are fun!  Dr T and Dr S have both assured me that this is completely normal because of the hormones I am taking every day and the changes going on in my body.  But let me tell you, I feel like I'm going nuts!  If I'm not feeling anxious (about nothing in particular), I'm wanting to cry (again, about nothing).  One minute I'm happy-go-lucky and the next I want to pinch someone's head off (anyone, it doesn't really matter who).  If I'm not extremely tired, I'm jittery.  I'm starving all the time, but then my stomach gets upset.  I can't sleep very well, which doesn't help any of this.  O. M. G. These hormones are no joke! LOL

But on a lighter note, you want to know what's getting me through all these crazy side effects?? Remembering that in just eight days, we will be sitting in Dr T's office, looking at our beautiful embies, counting down the minutes, not days, until they will transfer them back "home"!  That makes this whole journey so worth it...yes, even the mood swings! ;)










2 comments:

  1. Hang in there sweetness. You are just practicing what menapause is all about. I call them the crazy lady syndrome. :-0
    Love ya and still sending prayers to my direct connects in heaven oh and our Lord Jesus Christ!

    ReplyDelete