"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Question of the Week: Am I Nervous??

Tomorrow is "T minus two weeks" day---can you believe it???  Ahhhh!  Eeeeeek!  OMG!  Holy smokes, Batman!

Whew, sorry!  Had to get all that excitement out! I'm good now. lol

Since the big day is quickly approaching, I have had a lot of people ask me if I'm nervous or scared about what the outcome of the FET will be.  The answer is simply this: nope!  This reply always comes to me so quickly, which seems odd given this is such a life changing event, right?

Well, I searched my heart to find a good description of how I am feeling and why I am not at all worried about lies ahead, and this is what I found: I believe in a God whose plans are much bigger, much more complex than my own...a God that has seen me through so many obstacles already and continues to lead me down this path...a God that loves me unconditionally and wants nothing but the best for me.  I wholeheartedly trust and serve a living God who is carrying out His plan for me right this very moment.  In doing this, He has stripped away all of my worries and replaced them with never-ending peace and the knowledge that He is all seeing, all knowing, and all doing.  How can I be anxious or afraid when I know who is running the show here?! 

Man oh man, it always gives me glory-bumps just thinking about how magnificent our Lord is!  I could sit here and talk about it all day, buuuuuut...my husband is about to eat the throw pillows, so I'd better go whip up some dinner for him.  I can't let my Future Baby Daddy starve, now can I? ;)

Before I go, I wanted to share two lovely verses I came across while in the book of Psalm today...do you want to hear them?  Good---I thought you might! :) The first is found in chapter 143, verse 8, and it says, "Let the morning bring me the word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You.  Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul".  The second is chapter 112, verse 7: "He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord".  I think those verses say it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment