"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Well Duuuuh.....

I totally forgot to tell you guys what my progesterone and estrogen levels were from yesterday!  I knew I was forgetting something earlier---sorry!  I blame it on hormone-brain, lol.

P4 (Progesterone)= 27

E2 (Estrogen) = 323

Not too shabby, right??  The P4 isn't quite 10% of the E2, which would be the "ideal balance" (per Dr T), but his nurse said these numbers are "just fine", but that he still wanted to bump up my progesterone shot to 1.5mL (instead of 1mL) every night.  Can do, Capt'n!

(Disclaimer to my fellow IVFers: 1.5mL hurts a bit more than 1mL...okay, quite a bit more.  I developed a knot in my tush---all medication---and had to rub it for quite a while so the medicine would disperse. Ouch.  But remember...we're doing it for our future babies!!)

Now, even though the numbers sounded okay...in my hormonal state, I miiight have had a minor breakdown after I hung up with the nurse.  I know, I know, get a grip, woman! lol  My husband immediately asked what was wrong and I said that if the levels were "just fine", then why is he increasing the meds??  Apparently it's not "just fine"!  Wow, I've officially gone bananas, haven't I??

Buuut...after taking a second to pray about it (which always helps to change my perspective!), and after googling "normal" levels at this stage in the game (P4 should be >20, while E2 should be >100, and both should continue to rise once the embryo implants), I managed to calm down.  I reminded myself that GOD grew these little miracles from microscopic little follicles, HE kept them healthy while in the freezer and during the thaw, HE transferred them safely into my womb, and HE would take care of the rest!  After all, nothing is impossible with God!

Needless to say, I'm all better now!  Sometimes we all just need a little reminder of who's in charge! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment