"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Guess What???

It's heeeeeeeeeeeere!  The Big Day has arrived!  Gaaah!

I have a few minutes until I need to start getting ready, and, of course, I can't sleep any longer, so I wanted to write a quick post to let you all know how I feeling this morning...

I'll tell you what, I am what us southern people like to call a "hot mess"! LOL I cried last night when my husband prayed for us, I cried this morning when I saw the amazingly sweet card from him sitting on the counter (just sitting there, it didn't have to do anything to provoke tears, lol), then I REALLY started blubbering like a baby when I read what he had to say!  God sure did know what he was doing when he sent my hubby to me almost seven years ago, and I am so utterly grateful to have him by my side through this whole experience!

Even though I am crying at the drop of a hat (I'd better pull it together for Dr T, huh?  No bawling allowed while in stirrups! haha), it's nothing but happy tears!  I am overflowing with the love and peace that only my God can give---what an amazing feeling!

I still wouldn't say I'm "worried" about today's events.  I am just a wee bit antsy to get things started, but mainly giddy with anticipation and excitement!  I know that no matter what happens today, God will supply all my needs! He keeps putting this verse in my head to stress that point: Philippians 4:19 says, "My God will supply all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus".  How comforting is that?!

Another verse that has been stuck in my head since last night is Philippians 4:6, which says, "Be anxious about nothing, but in everything, through prayer and petition, and with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to the Lord."  Basically, give it to God!  And that's exactly what I'm doing!

Now, time to go get ready!  Please, please, please, be praying!  (Why do I even ask?? I know y'all will! ;) )

2 comments:

  1. We love you and are so proud of the Godly young woman you are! It makes me cry everytime I see you putting God's word above even your own desires!! And I thank Him with you for sending my beloved son in law!! Now go get that baby back where he/she belongs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Mama!!! You made me cry again!!! LOL I love you guys sooooo much!!!

    P.S. I'm so proud of you for figuring out how to post a comment, too! Bahahaha! ;)

    ReplyDelete