"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Monday, June 18, 2012

Making Some Progress, People!

I'm proud to say that the last few days I've taken some baby steps (hey--it's better than nothing!) towards recovery.  God is definitely healing me, just one day and one baby step at a time!

Saturday night, I slept in my bed (all night) for the first time in three weeks.  Needless to say, my husband was happy to have me back beside him, even though I was sweating all night and I'm a pillow-hog.  Last night I put the big, fluffy chair back where it belongs (not directly in front of the TV, although that was nice), and put away the side table that housed my books, drinks, and pharmacy of pills.  Then today, I was able to walk on the elliptical (not winning any awards, just keeping moving) for 15 minutes, do some light yoga for 15 minutes, and swim for 15 minutes (to cool down--much needed)!  I mean, how a-maz-ing is that?!

Now, I'm not gonna lie...I'm already paying for my earlier burst of energy.  I am completely zapped, and my ovaries have let me know that they did NOT appreciate the exercise and that I'd better give them a little longer to heal before I try to start doing ab exercises.  Lesson learned, Mrs. Ovaries!  But it feels great knowing that I can get up and move around better, especially since I start back to work in only seven days!  Ugh, why did I have to remind myself of that?? lol

My plan is to get myself back into tip-top shape (can you say "back into" when technically you weren't in it to begin with?? Ehh, what the heck) for the frozen transfer in September.  I want my body to be as ready as my heart and mind already are to carry that little embryo and grow him/her (or them...whatever God gives us!) into a healthy, happy baby!  That means I have to start exercising again (which I did pretty regularly before, but I can improve on), continue to eat healthy, and NO caffeine or sodas (which I haven't had since I started injections in May--whoop whoop!).  I have to make sure this house is ready for the tiny guests God may be sending our way in just a few months!  Eek--I'm getting all excited just thinking about it!

Okay, time for a little rest.  All this talk about exercise and baby steps is making me even more tired! lol I'll check in with you guys tomorrow.  Please keep those prayers coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment