"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Fertilization Report

Ok, sorry for the delay in posting the fertilization report of our little eggies...I am just so incredibly overwhelmed with how amazing God is, and how He is blessing us each and every day, that I had to let it all sink in first.

I got the call from the nurse this afternoon that out of 26 eggs, 23 were mature, and 14 were successfully fertilized (with ICSI, or injection of the sperm into the eggs) and are now our embryos!  They are sitting in their incubator, growing and dividing into something beautiful...something that can only be described as a MIRACLE.  As of right now, we are planning to come in Sunday at 8am for the egg transfer, where we will get to see pictures of our 5-day old "embies" (embryo babies), along with grades/qualities of each.  Then Dr T will pick the best two (if they're high quality, three if they're lower quality) and those will be what we transfer.  I am beyond excited for this next step, and I am 100% certain that God will take care of us and our precious little embryos.

Of course, being realistic, there is a chance that a pregnancy is not in God's will for us right now, and something could happen during these next 4 days, such as our embies could stop developing (or "arresting" in IVF terms).  Chances are high that all 14 will not make it to day 5, but once again, we're not being greedy here!  Two or three healthy, high quality embryos is all we need to have a successful transfer, and that's enough for us!  Whatever God choses to leave us with on that day is absolutely perfect.  

There's also a chance my mild hyperstimulation could continue to worsen and the transfer could be cancelled if Dr T feels I am not healthy enough to receive the embryos.  Initially, before the retrieval, I had a nice bloated stomach and was very aware of my ovaries...it was hard to sit up straight, get off the couch, and I felt very "full" (and generally uncomfortable).  After the procedure, I was in mild pain (thanks to the Fentanyl) and had a lot less bloating.  Today, however, I look about 6 months pregnant (I feel it, too!) and am VERY sore, both in my ovaries and where my husband gave me that progesterone shot last night (OUCH).  There is a huge knot (possibly my swollen left ovary??) on the left side of my lower abdomen that is very tender to the touch, and my stomach is so bloated it's hard to eat or drink anything.  It's honestly quite painful, and a little scary, because I am so nervous about the OHSS worsening and things being put on hold.  But when the nurse called, she said it's quite common to be extremely bloated, nauseous, and sore.  She said as long as I am still urinating okay, am not having severe pain, and my stomach is "soft" and not hard and distended (which would mean it's probably fluid and not air), then I should be fine.  It should get better over the next few days, hopefully in time for our big day!  I just keep repeating this to myself:  there's nothing my God cannot do!

So, while we wait, I am going to focus on the positive...on the 14 microscopic blessings that God has given us!  They will be checked on once or twice before Sunday (Dr T thinks the less you mess with them, the better they grow), and if things are still dividing well, we will soon be taking the next step towards our dream of being parents.  As I write this, I am moved to tears (again...I'm a little hormonal right now) at God's mercy and grace.  He never ceases to amaze me!  

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again because it is SO true:  God.  Is.  Good. (ALL the time!)


2 comments:

  1. Still thinking about you and sending well wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a sweetie! Thank you, doll.

    ReplyDelete