"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

I am one happy, blessed "little girl", because today I get to spend Father's Day with my amazing Dad!  And even though I haven't felt like doing a whole lot this weekend, and even though I can't take him out to eat because I'm still feeling a tad bit poorly and can't fit into any of my pants (ugh), he doesn't seem to mind.  He is perfectly content to just eat take-out, sit on the couch, and watch reruns of my favorite sitcoms on TBS all day.  He has gotten up early (and by early I mean 6:30am) every morning to feed my fat cat, Tucker, so my husband and I can sleep in.  He is the definition of what a father should be: kind, understanding, protective, and a godly Christian man.  I'm so lucky to call him "Daddy", and I love him dearly! :)

Along with mine and my husband's dads, there is another father that I like to honor on this day: our Heavenly Father!  Without Him, we would not exist.  Without the faith and trust that I have in Him, I could not have gotten through these last few months (or the last 27 years, for that matter!).  And without His sacrifice of sending His one and only Son to die for our sins, we would not have the joy of salvation and the knowledge that we will spend eternity with Him.  Thank you, Lord, for loving me and for showering me with love, mercy, grace, and peace every single day!

As I pray today, I give thanks for all that I have just mentioned.  But I also pray, with all my heart, that God will allow my husband to enjoy next year's Father's Day as a father himself.  (A successful September transfer would mean an early June baby! Eek!)  I can't wait to see him holding his child for the first time and feeling all the love that a father feels.  I know he will be an awesome dad...not only because his parents did a wonderful job in raising him to be the incredible man he is today, but also because I believe God blesses Christian men with an innate ability to be excellent fathers, and to teach their children to seek God in their own lives as they grow up.  I know this is all up to God's plan for us, but it sure doesn't hurt to pray for it! ;)

Happy Father's Day to all your fathers out there, whoever and wherever you are!  I pray you all display the Heavenly Father's love in your own lives day after day, and that you continue to grow daily into the father God has called you to be.  May He bless you all!



2 comments:

  1. Reading about your dad made me cry, your right he is awesome and so is our Heavenly Father, love you JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better, it made me cry writing it, too! lol Love you, too, Aunt Lynn!

    ReplyDelete