"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Breaking News

This just in...I'm gonna make it, folks!  Another blessing from the good Lord! :)

Yesterday, I could tell my stomach was a little less bloated in the lower part, and I was able to breathe better, especially when walking around and after I ate.  My weight was still going down...only 0.2 lbs, but at least I stopped gaining!  I had a rough night sleeping because I was still quite uncomfortable and waking up in a sweat (I don't know what that's all about...maybe hot flashes from the hormone changes??).  But I could tell things were headed in the right direction!

Then this morning, after another restless night, I got up to use the bathroom and weigh myself (my morning routine now), and I noticed my stomach is considerably smaller!  Jumping on the scale confirmed that I'd lost 2 lbs overnight--PTL!  I really don't know why, but I'm still in a lot of pain...it's more of an achy feeling than anything, and it is under my ribs, around my still swollen ovaries, and goes through to my back.  But I'll take the pain over the bloating, shortness of breath, nauseous feeling I've been struggling with the last week!

I'm just so happy that things are normalizing again, I don't know what to do with myself!  Of course, although I want to get up (because I CAN!) and do some of the things I've missed doing the last two weeks I've been on bed rest (tidying up around the house, chasing our fat cat around the house, actually doing my hair instead of letting it dry in a ponytail), I know that I need to continue to take it easy.  If I do too much today, I'm going to pay for it tomorrow!  I also want to be cleared by Dr T to be able to do more strenuous activities, because although the bloating is better, my estradiol could still be very high and my ovaries still very swollen (I can still feel them) and at risk of twisting.  The last thing I need is a twisted ovary that leads to emergency surgery!  I'll just take things slow until I see him again on Friday and get the okay to resume a normal life again!

I read the perfect verse yesterday that sums up this whole process we've been through so far, as well as motherhood:  "A woman giving birth has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born, she forgets her anguish because of her joy that a child has been born into the world." (John 16:21)  God has given us the strength to be able to endure these tough times, and I know He is going to reward us with our precious gift soon enough.  When all is said and done, when I am holding our sweet baby (or babies) in my arms, this entire journey is going to be well worth the pain, the heartache, and the wait.


2 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling better! After delivering R3, I would wake up drenched in sweat! So much that I would get up and change my shirt, sometime 2-3 times a night. This lasted for almost 6 weeks. Got to love hormones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. R3--I love that! lol Well, I guess I have more hormonal fluctuations to look forward to once I get pregnant, huh? Our husbands are some VERY lucky men! ;)

    ReplyDelete