"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Thursday, May 31, 2012

We're Getting There

One of the perks of having a husband who gets to eat in the doctor's lounge at the hospital (rather than the occasional slice of pecan pie that makes it's way home for me...yum) is that he gets to see Dr T on a pretty regular basis at lunch (men are like cats: you keep feeding them, and they keep coming back--lol).  Usually they just do the manly head-nod or slight smile to signal "hello", but this time, Dr T made a point of coming over to talk to him and make sure I was doing okay.  Seriously, isn't he the sweetest?? My husband told him I had been feeling a little run down the last few days (especially a few hours after the shots), but that I was at home resting.  Dr T explained that it was likely due to my estradiol/estrogen levels being up (roughly 1600 at yesterday's appointment, which is slightly high...and the higher the levels, the more likely I am to develop OHSS), and that was why he took me off of one of the medications.  (He is hoping the levels will decline a little but still continue to grow my eggs.)  However, even with the higher estradiol level, and even though my follies still have some growing to do, Dr T thinks things are looking good, and he is anticipating the retrieval to be Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.  We're getting there!  Praise God!

He made a point of telling my husband to make sure that I am not doing anything strenuous, am drinking lots of water (Smart Water, per his nurse, since it has electrolytes in it), and lay on my back with my head slightly elevated (to prevent putting any strain on my big fat ovaries).  So right this minute, I am in my husband's big, comfy chair, propped up with pillows, with my liter of Smart Water on the table next to me and my MIL's strawberry shortcake in a bowl, waiting to be devoured once I click "Publish".  Since it's getting pretty hard to resist, I'm going to have to hurry up and finish this post.  :)

Please keep the prayers coming, guys!  I love you all and I appreciate all of your love, support, and prayers!  To God be the glory, for great things He hath done (and is still doing)!


No comments:

Post a Comment