"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Get Behind Me, Satan!

Whew....this week has been a doozie!  Between work/call and all of the other events going on (graduations, retirement dinners, baby showers, wedding showers, etc), I haven't had time (until now) to sit down and collect my thoughts!  But now that I do, I have something I'd like to share (duh, this is my blog, after all! ;) )...

It's very easy to get caught up in life's daily activities and become frustrated when things don't go according to your To-Do List (I'm definitely guilty of this!).   If one thing goes wrong, the whole day seems to fall apart.  Yesterday, after a particularly terrible day at work, I was starting to wonder if it was going to be a full moon or something, because things were crazy!  It wasn't until just now that I realize it was probably Satan trying to trip me up.  He knows what a peace I've had lately, how I've been in constant communication with God, and how I'm putting all my trust in the Lord...and he can't stand it! He hates to see me happy, so he slips a few miserable days in there to see if I'll crack and lose my joy.  Well, I'm sorry, Mr Satan, but not this time!  As Jesus said in Matthew 16:23, "Get behind me Satan!  You're a stumbling block to me; you don't have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."  When things start to get a little nuts, don't let Satan take control and steal your joy!  Just repeat this verse a few times, pray that God calms the storm and guides your boat, and you'll see that there's nothing God can't handle when you let Him take control!




No comments:

Post a Comment