"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

IVF "Vacation"

Today was a great day.  Not just because I have been given another day of life, or because we leave for a fun-filled trip to Chicago tomorrow (although praise the Lord for both of these!), but because today was my last day at work for five and a half weeks!  This officially kicks off my IVF vacation!

Now, you may be asking what my plans are for the next month and a half, and the answer is simple: absolutely nothing! Well, if you don't count my routine doctor's appointments (starting every other day on May 23rd), multiple daily injections, and keeping you guys in the loop with this blog...after all, those are all part of the process!  Other than that, though, I will be trying to remain as stress-free as possible!  That means catching up on my reading (book recommendations are always welcome!), getting lots of rest, and spending quality time each and every day talking to God and praising Him for the work He is doing in my life.  My goal for this time off is to get even closer to the Lord, while learning how I can be more like Him and how He can use me to serve His purpose.  James 4:8 says "Come close to God and He will come close to you." I can't think of a better way to spend the next 39 days!

In order to achieve my goal, I've made a promise to myself: I will not spend this time putting all my focus into what is going on inside my body, what pregnancy symptoms I am having, or how miserable the medications are making me feel.  I have made this mistake for the last 21 months, and all it did was add more weight onto my already heavy shoulders.  Instead, I am going to use my body as a temple for God, let Him do His glorious work through me, and focus on how serving Him is impacting others!  Whether we go through this IVF cycle and become parents, or whether we remain a family of two, God is going to bless us more than we could ever imagine...even more than He already has!  I have a feeling this is going to be the best "vacation" ever!



2 comments:

  1. Amen, praying for you to achieve your goal with peace and serenity.
    We turned off our TV April 1st, and I have been enjoying reading ever since. Terri Blackstock is my current favorite author. Anything by Lori Wick brings on my tears and I cry throughout the whole book. That might not be what you had in mind lol, but both authors aways encourage me walk closer to Jesus. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the prayers Aunt Lynn! And for the book recommendations! I've added both of those authors to my Kindle list...sometimes you just need a good cry! ;) Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete