"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I'm an Egg-Making Machine

Today was my third doctor's appointment for this IVF cycle, and, once again, I received good news!  Apparently, I'm quite the egg-making machine when given the right medications!  Dr T said I currently have multiple 10, 11, and 12mm's in the right and left ovaries, as well as a 13mm in the left...you can't beat that with a proverbial stick! ;)

He is still concerned about my risk of developing OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome), so he decided to stop the Gonal-F and continue with the Menopur (1 vial) and Lupron (10 units) tonight and tomorrow night, and then we'll check out what's happening in there Friday at 7:30am!  The way Dr T explained it to me was like this:  "Since you are responding so well, if we continue to feed those eggs all this medicine, they will keep eating it until they get so full, we're going to have problems!  We've got to feed them just a little over the next few days to help them keep growing, but not to where they're all overstuffed.  We don't want to be greedy!"  Have I mentioned how much I love my doctor??  Total God-send!  He's like Forrest Gump's mama...he always has a way of explaining things so I can understand them.  LOL!

So, until the egg retrieval next week, I've been told to continue to do nothing, take it VERY easy, stay stress-free, and let those babies grow!  Consider it done!  I've got several books to read, shows recorded to catch up on (I'm ashamed to say it's mainly TLC's "A Baby Story"...I know, I know! But it makes me happy! lol), and some super yummy egg drop soup for dinner (thanks to my amazing MIL!), so I'm all set!

I do have to say, rather than the yucky side effects/symptoms associated with having your eggs harvested (such as being bloated/tired/feeling "full"/very tender in the stomach/unable to get comfortable lying down...just to name a few), I still feel very optimistic about this whole process!  I think the trick to staying positive is knowing the fool-proof formula (GOD + PRAYER + FAITH = MIRACLES), and reciting this verse (one of my favorites): "Be still and know that I AM GOD." (Psalm 46:10)  With that combo, there's no way I can be anything but optimistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment