"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Count Your Blessings, Name Them One by One

Throughout this whole infertility struggle, I have learned to look for the blessings in every circumstance.  Not only is this pleasing to God, but it also keeps me focused on the good things instead of the bad, which can easily overwhelm us.  I want to take a minute to name some of my many blessings, and give the glory to my Lord for each and every one of them!

I am blessed to have a wonderful husband, who not only loves me, but who sees how badly I want to be a mother and will go to the moon and back to help me make that happen.  I am blessed to have parents who loved and nurtured me as a child; who were such good examples of how God wants us to live for Him and love others unconditionally.  I am blessed to be physically, emotionally, and financially able to go through this process.  I am blessed to have a job that is flexible enough for me to be able to schedule doctor's appointments around work, and for a great boss/friend who has been so understanding through all of this and is allowing me to take this much needed time off to focus on becoming a mother.  I am blessed to have in-laws who allowed me to join their family and have always treated me like the daughter they never had.  I am blessed to have met my Fertility Friends, who know exactly what I'm going through and always have the right words to cheer me up if I'm having a bad day.  I am blessed to have friends and family who have poured out their love and support for my husband and I, and who continue to pray daily for God's will in our lives.  And last, by certainly not least, I am blessed to serve a God who supplies all my needs and who loves me enough to send His son to die for my sins so I can spend now and all of eternity praising His name!

There are so many more blessings that I could include, but these are just a few that the Lord placed on my heart to share.  I pray this encourages you to look for the blessings He has placed in your life!  Name them one by one, and you'll see how quickly they add up!

No comments:

Post a Comment