"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Thursday, May 24, 2012

I Survived!

Well...I did it, guys!  I gave myself the first of many shots in this IVF cycle, and I took it like a champ!  (If I do say so myself ;) )  I have given hundreds of shots throughout my nursing career (and I've actually given myself two shots before during the IUI cycles), but this one was different.  This one wasn't just a shot, but something more...almost like a vow saying, "I'm putting all my faith in You, Lord".  What an awesome feeling that is, totally surrendering myself to God (ALL of me---heart, mind, and body), and knowing that He is going to use ME (yes, lil' ole me) in a mighty way!  Wow!  Gives me "glory-bumps" just thinking about it!

Now, I did have a little scare after I gave myself the shot...and my husband is totally to blame for this.  After taking the shot in the kitchen, I hollered out, "I did it, babe!  It didn't hurt or anything!", and then I went into the office for a little pat on the back (oh come on, it was a SHOT!  I deserved it! lol).  He looked at the small little whelp on my stomach and the red area around it (I suppose that was just from pinching the skin up) and said "Umm...do you think you could be allergic to this??  It is supposed to be raised up and red like that?"  (Keep in mind that he is a Physician Assistant and he knows good and well that I am not having an allergic reaction to it, and he knows what a hypochondriac I am, but he said this anyway.)  So, of course, I did what all us hypochondriacs do: I freaked out.  I started reading the list of side effects again and then checking out my injection site...then I started to think maybe my throat was a little itchy.  OMG, what if my throat closed up in my sleep??  Seriously, people, I am a huge hypochondriac.  In nursing school, I had every disease that we were studying at that time...including the ones that only affected other races, men, or people in Third World countries.  It's that bad.  Finally, after discussing it with my mom (who is also a nurse) and doing plenty of research on the matter, I decided I was probably going to make it through the night and I could go to bed....but not without taking some Benadryl first. (You know, just in case.)  PTL, I can now say I am NOT allergic to Lupron, and I can continue my shots as ordered.  Whew!  But I'm not sure about the other three new medications I am going to have to take this cycle...what if...??  Naaaah, I'm just kidding ;)

So here I go, shot number two!  Praying for perseverance tonight, and keeping this close to my heart: "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize?  So run that you may obtain it."  (1 Corinthians 9:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment