"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Everywhere I Look There's Baby Bumps!

*Note:  I wrote this blog about a week ago, but wasn't sure if I should post it or not, because I honestly do not want to offend any of my beautifully pregnant friends/family or new mommies.  But I feel like this is an issue that ALL of us women dealing with infertility (or maybe you're just new to TTC) have faced or are facing, so I thought I definitely needed to share it with you all!

If you've ever had trouble TTC, whether it's been a few months or a few years, you know exactly what I mean by the title of today's post! It seems when you're trying to create a little one of your own, you are soooo much more aware of all the pregnancies happening around you!  I went to the grocery store yesterday and saw not one, not two, but ten baby bumps in about a 30 minute time frame...of course, I was thinking, "Let me buy what THEY'RE buying!  I'll take a dozen!" But, in all seriousness, sometimes it can be a little depressing to see all the joys of pregnancy and not being able to experience any of them (yet!).  So how do you lighten your mood and turn this situation from a negative to a positive outlook?? (Besides going home and watching A Baby Story on TLC and eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's---trust me, that really does NOT help!)  Give God the glory!!  That's right, thank God for all these little miracles that are taking place, all these lives that are being created that only HE can create.  Remember that all things happen according to the Lord's time schedule and not our own!

In Genesis 21, the Lord answers the prayer of Sarah, who, up to that point, was unable to have any children with her husband, Abraham.  She continued to be faithful and pray, and God finally gave her a baby.  Genesis 21:2 says "And Sarah conceived, and bore Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time which God had spoken to him." Why did God wait so long to bless this couple with a child of their own?  Because He wanted them (and everyone else) to know, without a doubt, that this baby was a miracle from Him!

So when you get overwhelmed at the sight of all those adorable baby bellies, or you log onto Facebook and see yet another friend is pregnant, remember that those are all gifts from God.  Every single one of those women have been blessed by the Lord to become mommies...He grew those babies out of nothing but a teeny tiny follicle! How can we stay depressed or upset by something that He has blessed others with?! You may be reading this and thinking "Yeah, easier said than done!", and (believe me) I know firsthand how it feels to be surrounded by all of the precious preggos and newborns...it's not always easy!  It takes prayer...constant prayer!  But the trick is to seek out the blessing in every situation, and then give God the glory for it!  After all, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights." (James 1:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment