"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday, Monday...

Well, after a very eventful (but fun) weekend, I'm back!  This week is going to be rather crazy, too, because I work for three days and then I'm off to Chicago with my husband, his mom, and his uncle for the rest of the week/weekend.  I'm looking sooo forward to a little vacay before the IVF craziness begins! I have to say, I am quite the lucky gal, because when I come back from Chicago, I don't have to return to work until the end of June! Don't I have the most amazing boss (and husband) EVER? I think so!

So, to start out my busy week, I had two appointments today to go over the medication schedule and to have my "mock transfer" done.  I now have in my possession a cute little calendar (thanks to the nurse) with all my important dates on it, so I'm a happy camper! The mock transfer went well (except for the painful parts...whoever created a speculum needs to be beaten with one, because those things HURT!), and Dr T said he shouldn't have any problems once it comes time to transfer our little embies!  Yay!

To give a brief description of what this procedure was (for those of you who are going through or considering IVF), the doctor inserts a catheter through your cervix and into your uterus (same as when they do an IUI) and measures the distance the catheter needs to go to place the embryos where they can implant (and any twists and turns along the way).  The nurse does an abdominal u/s to let him see where he's going.  (The women always have to give directions, don't they??  Haha...just kidding, guys!)  While he is in there, he puts saline into your uterus to check for fibroids, cysts, or polyps...pretty much anything that could interfere with your little ones attaching themselves to the uterine wall.  It's also called "uterine mapping", because he is essentially "mapping out" the best route for the transfer.  We want everything to go as smoothly as possible on the actual transfer date, so I'm all for a little test run, even if it's not the most comfortable procedure ever! I promise, though, the most uncomfortable parts are involving the speculum (grrrrr....) and the almost-full bladder they ask you to have so they can visualize your uterus better.  But "no pain, no gain", right? ;)

Once I got home, I called the fertility pharmacy and ordered all of my medications and supplies (needles, syringes, etc).  They should be delivered next Monday, and then the fun begins Wednesday!  I will go in that day for an u/s and blood work to ensure my levels are all where they need to be post-BC, and then the nurse will call me that night and give me the go-ahead.  Until then, I'm free from appointments and injections!  I do have to start taking an oral antibiotic (Doxycycline) this Friday (which is the last day of my BC pills), and I'll take it for five days.  This is to knock out any infection that may be brewing and prevent any new ones from sneaking up on me, because if I am sick when it's time for the transfer, it'll all be put on hold.  Umm, no thank you! If I'm riding this loooong train to Baby Town, I'm not getting off at any stop before I get there!! lol Well, I say that, but if something were to happen during this process, I would just trust that it was in God's divine plan, and I'd praise Him for getting me that far!

I am still feeling so amazingly at peace about this whole journey.  I feel like my heavenly Father is holding my hand, keeping all of the stress, worry, doubt, and anxiety away from me while He walks with me down this path...what an awesome feeling!  I am trusting that He knows what is best for my husband and I, and that He will bless us when it's His timing, not ours.  This pretty much sums up my way of thinking at this moment: "Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him, and He will bring it to pass." (Psalm 37:5)  Need I say more? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment