"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Yesterday's Consult

Hey, hey, hey!  I know this is a little premature, but....TGIF!  I am so ready for this weekend, when we get to celebrate my MIL and husband's cousin's birthdays and then hang out with our besties and watch some football!  Fall weather + weekends + football season + friends = good times!

Alrighty, so here's the scoop on yesterday's appointment with Dr T:

-I started BC pills last night, which I am excited about because that means Aunt Flo will finally get her eviction notice! Sayonara, dearie! lol

-The transfer is scheduled for Thursday, November 8th...which is exactly one week before my 28th birthday!  What a great early birthday present!

-I had my blood drawn (all five vials) for the thrombophilia panel, which will check for clotting issues.  If it comes back abnormal, Dr T said he will just add Lovenox (blood thinner) shots to my medication regimen.  Luckily, this one is in the stomach.  Whew!  Cause I don't think my tush could take more than one shot a night!

-Dr T confirmed something I already knew (but wanted to hear from him): every cycle, a woman has a 25% chance that her pregnancy will end in a miscarriage...horrible odds, huh?!  Also, out of all of the pregnancies happening all over the world, as many as 70% will end in a chemical pregnancy.  (In many cases, these women don't even know they're pregnant--unless they've been TTC and start testing before their period is due--because their cycle starts right on time.) Who knew it was THAT common?? Thankfully, Dr T said that just because I've had one chemical pregnancy, my chances of having a second are no higher...talk about a huge sigh of relief!

-We will still only transfer two snow babies this go-round.  Dr T said that since I'm under thirty-five and we got a positive last time (which means something was happening in there), he believes two embies will be plenty!  And, as always, we have to remember there's always a chance we could get out as many as we put in, and the thought of three babies still scares me! lol

-He is very optimistic that things will go smoothly this time, and said that although it's not scientifically proven, he has found that many women go on to have to successful pregnancies after a miscarriage.  And that, in his office, lots of these turn out to be TWIN pregnancies!  Major eek!

So that's that!  Things will likely go very quickly this month since we know what to expect (and since there's only one month until the transfer!), and I am totally okay with that!  Bring it on!!  I have faith that's growing stronger every day and a God that's guiding my path every step of the way, so I'm ready for whatever this cycle may bring!

T-minus thirty-five days! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment