"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The "Next Step"

Well, after lots of prayer and discussion, my husband and I have made the decision to take the next step in our journey to parenthood...so FET #2, here we come!

We have a consult with Dr T tomorrow at 1:30pm.  The next FET cycle actually starts this month (BCP starts this weekend), and the transfer would be sometime mid-November (possibly my birthday---eek!), so there's no time to waste!

At tomorrow's appointment, Dr T will go over our last cycle, the chemical pregnancy and what might have happened, any additional testing he wants me to do to prevent further miscarriages (clotting tests, immune-disorder tests, etc.), and what new things he might want to add to this cycle (blood thinner shots, steroids).  I'm definitely a little nervous to hear what Dr T has to say, but at the same time, I'm excited to be starting a new cycle.  A new cycle = new hope! :)

My prayer for tomorrow is for God to guide us in the way we should go; in the way HE wants us to go.  If this isn't the path He wants us to take, I pray He closes the door and steers us in another direction (just like He did when our third IUI was cancelled and He steered us towards IVF).  We've come too far on this journey to just give up and stop following Him now!

I happened to come across this beautiful song today, which describes exactly how I'm feeling right now.  It's call You Lead by Jamie Grace; here's the chorus:

"You lead, I'll follow. Your hands hold my tomorrow.
Your grip, Your grace, You know the way,
You guide me tenderly.
When you lead, I'll follow.
Just light the way and I'll go.
Cause I know what You've got for me is more than I can see,
So lead me on, on, on, and on.
Just lead me on, on, on, and on."


'Nuff said! Goodnight, y'all! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment