"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Thursday, October 11, 2012

I Have Grrrrreat News...

...and, believe it or not, it has nothing to do with IVF or infertility!

I am super ecstatic to say that I accepted an offer yesterday for my dream job...to be a Labor and Delivery nurse!  Eeeeek!  This is what I've wanted to do ever since before nursing school!

This is such an unexpected blessing because I wasn't really looking for a new job!  God opened this door back in August, while I was visiting a patient of mine.  I started talking to her granddaughter, who turned out to be the Director of Nursing on an OB floor (Labor and Delivery, Postpartum, Antepartum, Nursery) in our area.  She encouraged me to apply for a position, but I was hesitant because we were gearing up for our first FET, so I pushed the thought into the back of my mind.  I kept praying that if it's what God wanted me to do, He would keep the door open and guide me through it.

For some reason, after the chemical pregnancy, I started having this feeling like God was telling me to pursue this opportunity further.  After much discussion and prayer, my husband and I decided last week that I should go ahead and interview, and if it wasn't God's will for me, He would shut the door.

I had my interview yesterday, and was definitely a ball of nerves going in!  But I kept reminding myself that God would undoubtedly guide me where He wanted me to go.  Well...God didn't just guide me through the door---He YANKED me through that puppy!  I got a call with an offer before I ever even made it home!  Craziness!  This is just another reminder of how GOOD my God is!

As eager as I am to jump on this new career path, I am planning on making Wednesday, November 7th (the day before the transfer) my last day at my current job.  Then, after the transfer, I will take a full month off (woohoo!) to grow those little babies and prepare myself for my new job!  I'll start general orientation at the hospital on Monday, December 10th, and then begin unit orientation the following week.  I have a feeling with all that's going on, these next two months are going to FLY by!

I feel so incredibly blessed to start along this path God has chosen for me.  James 1:17 says, "Every good and perfect gift is from above...", and that includes new jobs, snow babies, and every other amazing blessing the Lord has showered upon me!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment