"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Monday, November 12, 2012

Today's E2 and P4 Results

I have the results from this morning's appointment, and things are looking fab-u-lous! PTL!

My E2 (estrogen) level today was 332, and my P4 (progesterone) was 27.6  This is better than my last cycle, when my E2 was 323 and P4 was only 21.  (Remember, they like the P4 to be roughly 10% of the E2, so we're not far off this time!)  I am to stay on all of the same doses of my medications, and we'll see what's cookin' in this oven-o'-mine next Monday at the first beta check!

Now, I was concerned about the fact that my E2 has dropped since the last pre-transfer appointment (on November 2nd), so (you know me) I had to ask the nurse! ;)  She said it is actually supposed to go down during this time, because technically I am in the "luteal phase" of my cycle, which is the time between when a woman ovulates and when her next cycle starts.  The E2 builds up before a woman ovulates, then once she does, it drops and continues to drop until either a) an embryo implants and begins to cause the levels to increase again, or b) it drops so low it signals a new cycle to start.  Aren't our bodies amazing??! 

So, a drop in my estrogen right now is exactly what Dr T wants, and then he hopes for it to start to rise later this week and early next week IF my little peanuts do, in fact, implant!  I'm so glad she explained that to me---now I can breathe easy!  Looks like I'm still on the right track to Baby Town, folks! 

Symptom-wise, I'm not feeling too shabby...just a few pinches and pulls here and there (yay!!), pretty tired, and really bloated (ugh).  The bloating could quite possibly be from the progesterone shots (especially since my P4 levels are nice and high right now), but man, does it make a girl feel "blah"!  But I'll definitely take feeling "blah" if it means I'll get to hear those three WONDERFUL words next week: "Congratulations!  You're pregnant!" In fact, I'd probably shave my head, get my entire body waxed, and let Dr T catheterize me twelve times just to hear those words (and for everything to be okay)! LOL Okay, maybe the catheter is a little much...but at least now you know I'm serious!  I want this!! ;)

Alrighty, that's all for now!  I'll check in again soon!  



2 comments: