"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Details From Today's Transfer

Well, after what felt like a long day, I am proud to say that FET #2 is complete!  The snow babies and I are at home safe and sound and I am trying to rest up and let these puppies hibernate!  Here are the details from today:

My MIL (my ride and support for today since my husband couldn't be there again) and I got there on time at 10am.  There were several ladies in the waiting room, so I had a feeling we may have to wait a few minutes before being brought back.  Well, almost two hours later, I was finally called back to have my consult with Dr T!  (Apparently, they were really busy today and had seven FET's to do, and I happened to be the last one of the day.)  I really didn't mind the wait, except that my full bladder (needed for the ultrasound) was becoming quite painful! lol  

So, we met with Dr T and he told us that both embies survived the thaw (PTL!) and both looked great! Of course, being the proud mommy I am, I had to bring the picture of them home for y'all to see! Here they are: Peanut 1 & 2!


Their "grades" are 5AC (on the left) and 3BB, and both were assisted in the "hatching" process, which means the embryologist poked a little hole in their shell so they can fully hatch and implant.  They look very similar to FET #1, don't they?? Dr T said both grades are considered "good" quality, and he was very happy with the way they look.  That's enough for me---a happy doctor makes for a happy patient! ;)

I was finally wheeled back into the OR, and as I was getting "in position", I literally thought my bladder was going to rupture.  When the u/s tech put the wand to my stomach, she and Dr T both said, "Whoa! That's quite the impressive bladder you have there!  How do you stand it being that full??" (To which I answered, "I'm a nurse!  We don't have time to pee!  I get used to it!" lol)  Then he said, "Sorry, but we're going to have to drain it a little now or we won't be able to see your uterus at all.  Your bladder is pushing it off the screen!"  So then came the dreaded foley catheter...ouch.  But this time, I was in so much pain from the full bladder that I actually welcomed the catheter if it meant some relief!

A few minutes later, my bladder and I were good to go.  My lining looked nice and purdy (measuring 11mm---perfecto!) and Dr T was able to guide the kiddos right in there and drop them off in the perfect spot.  I tell ya, that is an awesome sight to see your babies placed in your uterus for what could possibly be the next nine months of their lives!  What a miracle!

After the drop-off came yet another catheter (double ouch) to fully drain my bladder.  Then I had a wedge placed under my tush and was taken back to recovery, where I (once again) stood on my head for thirty minutes.  The nurse then came in and gave me my discharge instructions (start baby aspirin tomorrow, stay on my doses of estrogen and progesterone, and no sex/hot tubs/tub baths), and then I was on my way home!

Right now, I'm feeling great (although pretty tired) and totally stress-free!  I know in my heart that God has this all under control, and that makes all the difference!  I'll go back Monday at 9am for an estrogen and progesterone check, and then have to wait another full week until the first beta, which is scheduled for November 19th at 9am (eeeeeeeeek!).  All I can do now is relax, rest up, and let God work His miracle thru/in me!  Don't worry, I'll keep you guys posted on what's happening! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment