"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Monday, November 19, 2012

Beta #1

Well, guys...it's that time again.  And I have to say, I'm in a state of shock right this minute, so forgive me if I ramble.

(Before we go any further, let me remind you of what my last first beta was: 23.  At this point, Dr T likes to see levels of at least 50.  My "personal goal" was 46, just because I figured that was close enough without being too low...I like to set realistic goals for myself, lol.)

Ok, so my first beta came back at...

473.

Yes, you read that correctly.  Four-hundred and seventy-three.  I'M PREGNANT!!!!!  And by the look of this number, I'm VERY pregnant!

All I can keep saying is, "Thank you, Lord!  God is so good!  Thank you, Father!" I still can't believe it! Eeeeeek! I'm so excited I can't stand it!

Now, I had a tiny hunch the first beta would be positive (although not THAT high) becaaaaaause...I saw this little beauty at 4am this morning!



I know, I know, you think I'm weak, don't you?  Well, I was actually planning on testing on Beta Day since the beginning!  I only had one test left in the pack, so I saved it for the perfect moment...and don't you think 4am is the perfect moment???! lol

After I snuck into the bathroom and took the HPT (and after my initial shock wore off), I quietly placed it on top of my husband's work clothes that were laid out for the day and then crawled back into bed (where I tossed and turned for the next two and a half hours while I waited for his alarm to go off).  Of course, he found it as soon as he went to get dressed, and sleepily shuffled into the bedroom where he muttered, "You're ridiculous", with a huge smile on his face.  I think he underestimates my sneakiness...;)

Needless to say, we're both OVERJOYED with this news!  My heart is literally overflowing with love and peace right now!  However, we're trying to remain realistically cautious, knowing that the next beta could yield not such fabulous news.  All we can do is thank God for this blessing and pray that He continues us down this path if He sees fit!

So, what's next, you ask?  Well, Beta #2 is scheduled for Wednesday at 9am, and Dr T is looking for it to have at least doubled in that time period.  That means that 946 is my new "personal goal"! lol

Please keep praying for our precious miracles to stay strong and keep growing, and for my levels to continue to rise appropriately.  And, as always, give the glory to God, for Revelation 4:11 says, "You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and by Your will they were created and have their being."  Amen!





10 comments:

  1. Beyond excited!! Take good care of MY baby girl and that will help take care of your baby(ies)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! Congratulations!!!! My beta is next Monday. No symptoms yet but I'm only 4dp5dt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes ma'am, Mama! I'm on it! ;)

    Thank you, Michelle! Don't worry too much about the symptoms--it'll drive you NUTS! lol But good luck next Monday!!! Is this your first IVF/FET?? I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh yay!! Congratulations Jayme and Brandon and snow babies! <3 Many many blessings to you and praise the Lord! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!!!! It was my first FET with embryo adoption. We did IVF a few years ago and it failed. My first home pregnancy test last night was a faint positive and it was a little darker when I tested today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh!!!! Congrats!!!! Theres nothing like seeing those lines...except maybe seeing them get darker! ;) I pray everythng progresses smoothly and that you have an AWESOME first beta! God is soooo good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to tell you how much hope this post gives me! The day you get your positive, I was undergoing my 6 day FET! I am currently 6dp6dt and trolling google (as per normal) and came across this blog. I find it to be good luck! And congratulations on your blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Gabrielle! Your comment made my day! :) I'll be praying for you to get your BFP soon as well!!! When are you going to test??

    ReplyDelete