"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Ten Weeks

We're in the double digits, folks!  That deserves another happy dance! (Oot oot, do the happy dance!)

Sorry I am just now posting my update...I swear, Peanut takes every bit of energy I have these days!  I am definitely doing more around the house than I was before (and running a few errands here and there), but my energy level is no where near what it used to be!  Maybe I'll be one of those lucky women who get a burst of energy back in the second trimester??  We shall see! ;)

So, now that Peanut has been incubating for ten whole weeks, let's see what changes have occurred!

Symptoms:

-nausea (this disappeared for several days but then came back with a vengeance...ugh.  But still no vomiting! PTL!)
-mild cramps/pressure in my lower abdomen
-exhaustion
-stuffy/bloody nose
-moodiness
-bloating (definitely more noticeable at night)
-reflux
-bubble gut (it gets quite painful at times, too!)
-bigger (and not near as tender) tah-tahs

Size of Baby:

Prune (about 1.5 inches long)

Milestones/Happenings:

Peanut is starting to grow little nails and has tiny teeth budding underneath the gums.  His (or her) bone and cartilage is forming, too.  He can flex his wrists, elbows, and knees now (I bet he's already practicing his happy dance for his Mommy! lol).

Food Cravings:

-boiled peanuts (OMG...I can't get enough!  Actually gave myself an upset tummy today from inhaling a small army of these)
-Subway meatball sub
-potatoes (still)
-sausage/bacon
-Popeyes chicken tenders
-Bonefish fish tacos (haven't gotten these yet...might work on that this week ;) )
-pepperoni pizza

Food Aversions:

-believe it or not...my usually Tuesday vietnamese meal does NOT sound good (last week or now)
-most fish
-most pork (except for bacon and sausage...yummm...)
-most fruits/veggies

Baby Bump Pics:

That's right, guys, it's time to post The Bump!  Eek!  I have been taking weekly pictures (in the same spot, using natural light if possible, first thing in the morning, before eating or drinking anything) so you can see the progression.  Sorry if some of them are a little dark---it's been a little dreary outside lately, so that affects the lighting in my foyer, which is where I take the pictures.  But, nonetheless, here is Peanut making his/her debut! :)

Week 5 (pardon the bloat):



Week 6:



Week 7:



Week 8:



Week 9:



Week 9.5 (Christmas Day):



Week 10:


Do you see what I see??? I see a Peanut!!!!  Ahhhhh!  How exciting!  Now, I'm still in the "Is she pregnant or just bloated?" stage, mostly depending on what I'm wearing.  But The Bump is definitely there and it's not going away!  Woohoo!

What a blessing to be able to watch something growing in there!  Every day I am reminded of God's power and love when I look at this belly (or feel those uncomfortable symptoms that I've come to love because I know Peanut's growing), and I just have to stop and thank God for this miracle that He has given us!  James 1:17 says, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father who created the lights in the heavens..."  Thank you, Father, for this perfect gift! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment