"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Eight Week Ultrasound

I love that every time I blog now, I have even MORE good news to share!  It makes my heart overflow with joy and gratitude for all of the many blessings God is showering us with!

Today, on top of getting to see our little Peanut (who now resembles a precious little gummy bear!), I was also told that the clot has completely resolved and I am cleared to get off bed rest!  Ahhhhh!  PTL! How awesome is that??! That means that a) I won't be spending Christmas with the hub's entire family piled in my bedroom (not that I'd mind, guys, as long as I get to see y'all! lol), b) my husband and I (and Peanut) get to make the five hour trip to see my family this weekend, and c) we don't have to go back for another u/s for a whole two weeks!  Needless to say, I am one happy girl!

Although I'm off of bed rest, Dr T still wants me to take it easy...which isn't too hard for me because I have the energy of a drugged snail right now.  I do wish I could go for a leisurely walk a few times a week, but he put the kilbosh on that and said I can only go outside to "stroll" around for a minute and get some fresh air but not take any walks around the block just yet.  Bummer.  I was hoping that taking short walks would help increase my energy level, but I guess that will have to wait for a few more weeks!  So guess where I've spent most of my first day officially off bed rest?  That's right---in bed! LOL Maybe I'll be more energetic tomorrow and venture out into the living room again...or better yet, maybe I'll go down the street and get a much-needed pedicure! ;)

Now for the good news on Peanut...I swear, every week I am amazed at how my love for him (or her) grows!  And at how the little guy physically grows, too!  He is measuring right on track still, making me 8W3D, and he's got the most adorable little arms and legs that definitely do help him to look more like a baby (or a "turtle" per my husband and brother) and less like a tadpole.  Dr T said he was sleeping when we did the u/s (because he wasn't wiggling around at the moment), and that he's already gotten into a sleep/wake pattern.  Peanut's heart was still flickering away on the screen and sounds wonderfully strong and rhythmic.  Seeing and hearing our little miracle is definitely the best way to start the day!

So, for today's photo op, Peanut chose a full frontal pose, which shows off his tiny arms/legs and the tiny bit of embryonic tail (bottom part of his spinal column) he has left (no, Mom, that is NOT a winkie! LOL).

*Now, I must warn you: this picture comes with a Major Cuteness Warning.  The extreme levels of cuteness that are exhibited in this photo may make you involuntarily giggle or smile uncontrollably. This is completely normal and to be expected.*

 

Ok, I know I've asked this before, but isn't he THE cutest thing EVER??  I think he's looking more and more like me every day (hence the increasing levels of cuteness...hehehe).  This picture quickly found it's way to the home screen on my phone...do you blame me?? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment