"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Eight Weeks

Eight weeks down, only thirty-two more to go! ;)

Well, I can officially say that I feel F-A-T.   I haven't tried on any of my regular pants (since I don't go anywhere other than Dr T's once a week), but I'm quite sure there would be some muffin-top action going on if I did.  I woke up this morning to a definite "pooch" below my belly button, but not the cute kind that screams "baby bump", but more the kind that screams "too many Danish wedding cookies". lol  But that's okay, because that just means that Peanut is growing and that a more definitive baby belly is on it's way!  Yaaay!

So here is Peanut's Pregnancy Progress update for this week...

Symptoms:

-nausea (more so now when I'm hungry, thinking about food at all, or when I have reflux)
-reflux (it helps to prop my head up on some pillows for at least two hours after I eat)
-mild/dull cramping (this started more yesterday, but I know he's got a lot of growing to do!)
-"backed-up" (if you know what I mean...I know, TMI, but seriously---this is quite painful)
-bubble guts (24/7, but it definitely gets worse right after I eat)
-not as sore but still tender tah-tahs
-fatigue
-restlessness
-mood swings...sorry, honey :)
-bloating (blaaaaah)
-stuffy/bloody nose (mostly in the morning)
-peeing every thirty minutes (not a ton at once, but my bladder feels full quicker because of the pressure my uterus is putting on it)

Size of Baby:

Raspberry (a little over 1/2 inch---wow!!)

Milestones/Happenings:

Peanut is now moving his arms/legs and kicking around in there (although I can't feel it yet)!  My uterus is now the size of a grapefruit (whereas it was plum-sized before Peanut came along), which definitely explains the dull cramps!

Cravings:

-pizza
-potatoes in pretty much any form (mashed, fried, scalloped, etc)
-soft serve ice cream
-oreos
-baked doritos
-KFC mac-n-cheese
-my Dad's goulash
-cold beverages (although I've never really liked ice because it hurts my teeth)
-Subway meatball sub

Food Aversions:

-most veggies/fruits
-pork chops/loin...well, pretty much any type of pork
-any hot beverages
-most seafood (except for shrimp)

I can't wait for our appointment on Tuesday!  If things look okay, I might get off bed rest AND we won't have to go back for two weeks!  (Although this is a little bittersweet...I love getting to see our cute little nugget every week!)  Please keep praying as Peanut keeps growing and God keeps working! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment