"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Friday, December 14, 2012

A Note to Peanut

I got this sweet idea from my good friend, Jessie, who created a blog for her son, Grayson, which she used to write him "love notes" while he was still in utero. It's wonderful to think that one day he'll have all of those letters to look back on and observe the changes his Mommy (and Daddy) went through during the pregnancy!  I don't plan on doing multiple posts to Peanut, but I do want to give him a little shout-out today to let him know what a blessing he is! :)

My Dearest Peanut,

Where do I start??  Your Daddy and I are absolutely thrilled about meeting you in just 7 1/2 more months!  We've been praying for you for a very long time now, and went through a lot of not-so-fun times to get where we are today (with you in my belly), but it was well worth the wait!  God knew exactly what He was doing, and I know He was just making sure Daddy and I were ready for you (which we are!).   July can't come quick enough!

Even though you're only the size of a raspberry, your Daddy and I love you VERY much already! (We've actually loved you since you were just a teeny-tiny cell, but I'll explain more on that later and show you your first "picture".)  We have seen you grow so much in the last few weeks, and we even got to see your heartbeat, which was a-maz-ing!  You already seem so vibrant and strong---I'd better have my running shoes on when you're born, cause I have a feeling you're gonna be an energetic little guy (or girl)!  

Although I love feeling you grow and feel all of the symptoms that comes along with that (being queasy, wanting to eat food straight out of a deep fryer, peeing every thirty minutes, etc), I do have to ask one thing of you right now:  please remember that Mommy's uterus is very tender right now and trying to stretch a lot to make more room for you, so try not to do any acrobatic moves or treat Mommy's tummy like a jungle gym just yet.  Between my intestines, bladder, and you, things are getting pretty tight in there, and it sure does get uncomfortable at times!  Thank you in advance, my sweet little nugget of joy! :)

Well, that's about it for now.  Mommy has to go tinkle again and find something to eat (this is pretty much how my days go now that you're in there).  But one more thing before I go...

If you don't remember anything else from this "letter", please remember this:  We count YOU, our little Peanut, as the greatest blessing in our lives, and we thank God every single day for granting us the opportunity to be your parents.  Don't ever forget that we love you more than words can say, and that God (the Big Man Upstairs who made you---more on Him later, too) loves you even more than that!   

Love Always,

Your Mommy 


No comments:

Post a Comment