"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Monday, December 10, 2012

Seven Weeks

You know what that means....time for another Pregnancy Progress update!

Symptoms:

-nausea (it seems to be worse towards dinner time and through the middle of the night...ugh)
-tired all the time, but yet I can't seem to nap!
-"bubble gut" (this is what I like to call gas...makes it sound more "cutesy" and not so disgusting, doesn't it? ;) )
-sore tah-tah's (the severity still varies day by day)
-stretching/pressure/ache in lower abdomen/groin
-achy joints (this seems to be a little better this week)
-stomach growling/feels empty even after I've just eaten (this makes me feel more nauseous, too)
-acid reflux/heartburn (I am prone to this already if I eat certain things, but now even water gives me indigestion)
-the weird dreams continue

Size of the Baby:

Blueberry (I goofed and said he was this size last week, when actually he was only the size of a sweet pea...oops!  Sorry, Peanut! Mommy loves you, and she's just so excited to know you're growing!)

Milestones/Happenings:

Peanut's face is starting to become a little more defined (where his eyes/ears will be), and the umbilical cord is forming this week.

Cravings:

(OMG...these are changing every minute!)

-macaroni and cheese (but I think I've reached my limit on this...now it's starting to turn my stomach)
-danish wedding cookies (these were one of my faves growing up, and I guess it'll be one of Peanut's, too!)
-vietnamese food (specifically pork and vermicelli...yum, yum!)
-cheese grits (thanks for satisfying this craving on a regular basis, GG!)
-sugary cereal
-fried foods (in small quantities only)
-pizza (haven't tried this yet, but I've been wanting it for a few days now)

Aversions: (Things Peanut does NOT like...found out the hard way!)

-catfish (which I usually love), and most seafood
-ginger ale
-chinese food (this was a craving last week, but after trying it...not so much)
-bananas
-salads (I sure hope this changes--I love a good salad!)
-some veggies (squash, tomatoes, etc...which I also could have scarfed down in mass quantity before)
-mexican (much to my dismay)
-coffee (the thought of it makes me want to gag)

Isn't it weird how our taste buds totally change in such a short period of time??  Before I was pregnant, I could watch Food Network and my mouth would start to water at pretty much everything on the screen.  But now, I get queasy looking at/thinking about most of the stuff they're cooking!  Sorry, Giada and Rachel...but y'all make me gag sometimes.  It's not your fault though, I promise! lol

So...who's excited for the ultrasound tomorrow???  Me!  Me!  Oh, oh, pick me!!  :)  I'm just praying that Peanut is growing right on track, his little heart is beating up a storm, and that this pesky clot is shrinking (or at least not getting any bigger)!  I'm trusting in the power of prayer and the knowledge that all things are possible with God!




3 comments:

  1. Praying for you always! Fingers crossed for only positives tomorrow, Mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you! I had bleeding this weekend and was so scared! Luckily it stopped and we saw the heartbeat for the first time yesterday at 6w2days. I was so relieved! Hope your clot is gone tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin: You must have had your fingers, toes, arms, legs, AND eyes crossed! lol Only GREAT news today! PTL!

    Michelle: OMGoodness! I have been so anxious to hear how things went!!! I've been praying for you! I'm SOOOO happy to hear the good news, and that you got to see the heartbeat! Isn't it AMAZING?? Congrats, sweetie! Now time to update that blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete