"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Six Weeks

(Well, technically, I'm 6W1D, but whose counting?? ;) )

Another week down, and still going strong!  There haven't been any big changes since Friday's post (although the spotting has almost completely stopped--PTL!), but I wanted to continue on with my Pregnancy Progress posts, so here's the weekly update!

Symptoms:

-occasional waves of nausea (whether I eat or not), but no vomiting (yet)
-mild pressure/dull cramps every now and then (not lasting long)
-sore/swollen tah-tah's (the severity of this fluctuates every day)
-bloating after eating even small meals
-feeling "empty", even after I just ate ( my stomach is constantly growling!)
-lots of saliva...like you have before you throw up (gross, I know)
-fatigue
-restlessness
-lower backache (although not nearly as bad)
-sore joints (knees/hips/ankles)
-frequent urination
-very weird dreams that usually involve food (example: a few nights ago, I was with the cast of the "Wizard of Oz", but we were here in town instead of Munchkin Land and stopped off for BBQ before following the "yellow brick road", which happened to be one of our main highways)

Size of the Baby:

Sweet Pea (he/she is now 10,000 times bigger than they were at fertilization!  Wow!)

Milestones/Happenings:

Peanut now has a brain, folks!  As if that's not exciting enough, his/her heart should start beating (if it's not already) sometime this week!  It's arms and legs will also start to form this week, making it look a little more like a baby and less like a tadpole.  The yolk sac that we saw on the u/s last Wednesday will keep feeding Peanut until the placenta takes over, which will be some time around nine to twelve weeks.  

Cravings: (I wanted to add this part, since it's changing all the time, and some of them are pretty odd)

-cereal (Apple Jacks and Cocoa Puffs)
-asian food (hibachi, vietnamese, chinese, cooked sushi--it doesn't matter!)
-ramen noodles
-cheezits
-diet coke (I allow myself one of these a day, but don't always drink it all)
-pickles (not alone---I like to add extra to my Chik-Fil-A sandwich and chili dogs and whatnot)

(I know...totally unhealthy food choices, aren't they??  I hope this changes soon, because I'm usually a pretty "smart" eater!  But if Peanut wants it, Peanut gets it! Hehehe...)

I still don't think it's totally sank in yet that I'm pregnant, but I don't think it will till I start to show and then feel him/her moving around in there!  I have to remind myself whenever I start to feel puny that it's "normal" and all due to our tater tot growing rapidly inside me!  What an amazing experience!

Our next u/s is scheduled for Tuesday morning at 7am (when we should hopefully see the heartbeat--eek!), so please stay tuned till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment