"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Monday, December 24, 2012

Nine Weeks

Wow.  I can't believe I'm already nine weeks (and two days, to be precise) pregnant!  Time flies when you're making a human being! lol

I'm sorry I didn't get to post this Pregnancy Progress update on Saturday, but we were down South with my sweet family.  I always enjoy time with my peeps, but this holiday season was even sweeter since we got to celebrate Peanut and the awesome news of my little brother's engagement (to the most amazing girl ever, I might add)!  We are so blessed!

Ok, so here's the scoop on Peanut's progress...

Symptoms:

-very light nausea (usually only when I'm very hungry or have eaten too much)
-fatigue (that's a given!)
-increased appetite (most of the time...some times nothing sounds good)
-fuller (still slightly tender) tah-tahs
-indigestion/reflux
-gassiness/bloating

Milestones/Happenings:

Peanut loses his little nub of a tail this week!  Hopefully that means my husband will stop calling him a turtle! lol  His eyes are fully formed, but his eyelids are fused shut and will stay that way for the next 16 weeks or so.  He's more active and may wiggle around in his sac during his waking hours (although I still can't feel it).

Cravings: (These come and go so quickly, it's hard to keep up!)

-any type of potatoes
-my Mom's southwestern chicken egg rolls (got to fulfill this craving this weekend--woohoo!)
-sweet tea
-Subway meatball subs
-soft serve ice cream
-boiled peanuts (had to race to the roadside stand that sells these before they closed on the way back into town yesterday...let this be known: my husband ROCKS! lol)
-sausage/bacon (these are the the only kinds of pork Peanut wants right now)
-Bonefish Grill fish tacos and Bang Bang shrimp (hey, Bonefish...if I advertise for you on here, can I pleeeease get a free delivery of this sent to my house?? :) )
-nice cold drinks

Aversions:

-most seafood (except for shrimp and mild fish, like tilapia)
-most pork products (chops, loin, and ham)
-hot beverages
-saltines (they're starting to get a little old...)
-Mexican (I attempted this again last week...NO BUENO!)
-most fruits and veggies still

Baby Bump:

There's definitely some bump action going on below my belly button now!  I'm going to see how it looks next weekend when I hit ten weeks, and if it still looks like baby and not bloat, I'll post some pictures on here! ;)

Alrighty, time to wrap the last few gifts and put the finishing touches on the dessert for tonight!  My husband, Peanut, and I want to wish each and every one of you a VERY Merry Christmas!  Remember that although this season is filled with love and laughter as we gather with our families and friends, eat lots of yummy food, and open loads of thoughtful gifts, JESUS CHRIST is the real reason we celebrate this day!  Let us all remember to give thanks to the Father, who sent His only Son to be the ultimate sacrifice, so that we can all spend eternity in heaven one day!  Happy Birthday, Baby Jesus! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment