"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

We've Graduated!

This morning was our last appointment with Dr T, and I have to say, it was a little bittersweet! Although I'm thrilled to have graduated to my regular OB doctor (Dr S, who I will see next Tuesday at 3:15pm), I'm a little sad to have to leave all my sweet friends at the fertility clinic!  (Not to mention, those weekly ultrasounds...lol.)  But PTL that we've made it this far and have gotten the "good to go" stamp of approval!

So, as you may have already guessed, Peanut looked fab-u-lous this morning!  There doesn't appear to be any more bleeding issues, either, which is a major blessing.  He (we still can't tell the sex yet, so we're still calling it a "he") was asleep again during the u/s and clearly didn't want to be disturbed or wake up for his parents.  But hey, as long as he's healthy, I don't mind him sleeping during the photo shoot. ;)  He did "pose" a little, though, and had his little hand up by his face while he was sleeping...soooo precious!  We also got a glimpse of those long legs of his, which he definitely gets from his Daddy!  Just think, he'll start kicking me with those long, skinny things pretty soon! (Ouch...lol)

We got to hear (and see) the heartbeat again, which is always so soothing.  Even though he was sleeping, his heart rate was quite fast (which I've heard can mean it's a girl...just throwing that out there, lol) and strong!  Music to this Mommy's ears!  The brain was also visible this week (although you can't see it in the pics below), as was his umbilical cord. It's so amazing to see how much changes within just a few weeks!

Here's his pics from today (10W4D).  The top one is one my hubby took of the u/s machine (it was clearer and you can see a little bit of the profile), and the other was the one they printed out for us (more of an odd back shot, but still our Peanut!):



I can't think of a better way to start this new year than by watching this little one grow day by day!  This is going to be, by far, the best year of our lives---and it's only just begun!  I can't wait to see how God continues to work through us and bless our little family! :)

Well, y'all, it's time to feed my Peanut and then snag a little cat nap before I continue on with my "To Do" list!  But one more thing before I go...I wanted to let you all know that after giving it lots of thought and prayer, my husband and I have decided for me NOT to go back to work until after Peanut arrives and we have time to settle into parenthood.  We both feel this is best for both the baby and I, especially since you never know what may happen during pregnancy (as evidenced by this trimester!). My new boss was very understanding and said she would love to hire me as soon as I am ready.  How good is our God?! We are so thankful to Him for making this time off possible and for continuing to open doors for us (or keep them cracked till the right time)!  It just further proves that He provides for those who seek His will and remain faithful!



No comments:

Post a Comment