"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Seven Week Ultrasound

I never thought I'd say this...but Tuesday is quickly starting to become my favorite day of the week! Not only is that the day I get my vietnamese food fix (yes, every Tuesday...no exceptions, lol), but that's also the day we get to see how our little one is growing and hear that precious heartbeat of his! Totally makes my week! :)

So, I'm sure you're wondering how Peanut is doing and how that yucky clot is looking...well, I'm pleased to say I only have good news this week!  Yaaay!

Peanut is doing great and growing like a weed!  You can see in the pic I am posting below that he has definitely tripled in size since last week!  He is actually measuring 7W3D today (two days ahead), which puts him right back on track with my initial due date calculation of July 27th!  (We'll just stick with the 27th-29th for now, since the gestational age varies so much in the first trimester.)  His little heart was just a flickering away, and you could definitely tell that he has more of a defined "head" this week.  I'm completely, 100% in love with this baby...how can it possibly get any better than this??

As for that unwanted clot...it's almost completely gone!  Woohoo!  PTL!!  Dr T really had to search for it this morning, and once he found it, he was shocked to see how much it has shrank!  He recommends at least one more week of bed rest, just to be safe, and we'll check it out again next week and see if it's completely gone.  This means I may not have to spend Christmas in bed!  Sing it with me, folks: Happy dance, do the happy dance!  Oot, oot, do the happy dance!  This is above and beyond what I expected to hear this week, and it just further validates what we've been saying/trusting in all along...NOTHING is impossible with God!

Ok, so who wants to see Peanut's weekly photo op?  He'd better get used to posing and having his picture taken, because he has one photo-obsessed mommy! ;)

(Added bonus to this week's ultrasound pic: we recorded the heartbeat!  I have listened to it at least once an hour since this morning's appointment--okay, okay, maybe twice an hour--and couldn't wait to share this amaze-fest with my blog family!)

Here's the close up shot first...see how big he's gotten?!  He's gonna be a tall, skinny one, just like his daddy, lol.



Then here's the video...you can actually see the heart flickering!  Amaaaaazing!  I melt every time I listen to it!  (FYI: It may take a few minutes to buffer...sorry!)




Sweetest.  Sound.  EVER.  (Sigh)

So, once again, I just have to stop and praise God for his awesomeness!  I praise Him for this journey and all of the ups and downs along the way.  I praise Him for the constant peace, love, and comfort He has given us throughout it all.  I praise Him for His faithfulness in hearing our prayers and blessing us beyond belief.  I praise Him for using me to touch others and further His kingdom.  I praise Him for what He has already done and for what's to come.  Who's praising Him with me?? :)



3 comments:

  1. I have been waiting all day for your update!! Praise the Lord fir his goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so.. happy for you!! I'm definately praising the Lord for my little miracle also! We are so blessed!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Tarah! Thanks for following! :)

    Stacey--we ARE blessed! I am soooo excited we get to experience this first-time mommy thing together! Watch out, but bc you're further along than I am, I'm gonna hit you up for tips and tricks once Peanut arrives! ;) lol

    ReplyDelete