"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Eleven Week Appointment

First appointment down!  Only about ten more to go and Peanut will be here, y'all! :)

Even though we spent almost an hour there, I have to say that visit was rather uneventful!  I had the routine stuff done: peed in a cup (always fun), weight (I haven't gained at all--I'm actually about half a pound under my pre-pregnancy weight), vitals, 21 Questions (allergies, medications, etc), and then some labs.  Then I got to see Dr S and have a super fun pap smear done (ouch), internal exam where he felt on my uterus (ouch again---I'm still cramping from that), and answer more questions.  

But then came the highlight of the appointment...we got to hear Peanut's heartbeat again!  I tell ya, that never gets old! It was just a-truckin' away in the 170's!  I said, "I bet it's a girl by that heartbeat", and Dr S laughed and replied, "You're probably right.  People are right about that 50% of the time!" Hardy har har, Mr Comedian! lol  (I seriously do think it's a girl though...I just have a hunch! ;) )

So, after we heard the heartbeat and I could breathe a sigh of relief, the good doctor said again that he has to "wean" me off of my weekly ultrasounds.  Of course, this had me thinking I'd come back in maybe two weeks or so.  No.  FIVE WEEKS!  I can't hear my little Peanut again for five whole weeks!   His reasoning is that he wants to get me on a routine OB schedule (which is appointments at twelve, sixteen, twenty, twenty-four weeks, etc), and since I am 11W3D, he said we'd push it back another week to make the sixteen week mark.  Well, poo.  

I have to admit, I was a little crushed.  I'm really going to miss seeing/hearing my little miracle...but, like my very wise husband said to me while I was pouting in the car, "You have to have faith that God will protect this baby.  Even though you can't hear the heartbeat for another five weeks, you have to believe that it's in God's hands and everything is okay.  Either way, it's His plan."  Man, how lucky am I to have married such a smart guy??  Thank you, Lord, for giving me such a wonderful partner, advocate, friend, and Baby Daddy! 

Now that I've calmed down from my momentary freak-out session, I've got some decisions to make...about finding out if Peanut is a "he" or a "she"!  Dr S said they will only do the doppler again to hear the heartbeat at sixteen weeks, but they won't do an u/s to check the gender until twenty weeks. Well, you may have guessed that I'm a planner, and I want to know what this little one is ASAP!  So my hubby and I are seriously considering going to the 4D ultrasound place in town sometime around sixteen weeks and finding out the sex that way.  What do y'all think about us going this route?  I'd also like to know your guesses on Peanut's gender!  I can't wait to find out if I'll need to brush up on my Tonka truck driving and T-ball skills, or if my husband will need to expand on his knowledge of hair-braiding and tea parties!  Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment