"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Thirteen Weeks

Guess what????

We made it!!!  Peanut and I are officially in the second trimester!!  This milestone makes me even more amazed (if that's possible) at God's faithfulness and ability to perform miracles!  His love is never-ending, He answers His children's prayers, and He is worthy to be praised (this day and every day)!  Who will join me in praising Him this morning?? :)

Whew.  That's good stuff right there!  Okay, now that I've gotten my worship on, let's see what ole' Peanut's been up to this week...

Symptoms:

-moodiness (I have a feeling this isn't going to get any better until after Peanut arrives...sorry, in advance, to anyone I snap at or randomly cry in front of! lol)
-fatigue (not NEARLY as bad as the last few weeks! I think this has a lot to do with my increased activity level)
-increased hunger (OMG...this is serious, y'all.  I'm like a never-ending pit.)
-bloody/stuffy nose
-bigger tah-tah's (no longer sore though--yaaaay!)
-nice, bright blue veins on my tah-tah's, upper arms, and thighs (this is due to the increase in my blood volume...it increased as much as 60% during pregnancy!  Wowzers!)
-nausea (on and off, but I'm pretty used to this now)

Size of Baby:

Tangerine (around 3 inches)

Milestones/Happenings:

Now that we're in the second trimester, Peanut will concentrate on growing at a rate of about one inch per week (wow!).  His body will start to catch up with that big noggin' of his, which accounted for half of his size the last few weeks.

Peanut can smile now (better start practicing for those photo ops, cause Mommy likes to take pictures! lol) and may even put his thumb in his mouth, even though he hasn't quite developed all of his sucking muscles yet.  All twenty teeth have formed and are hidden underneath the gums in that tiny mouth of his.

Food Cravings/Aversions:

I'm really eating like a horse now!  There are still some things that don't sound good or "taste funny" (like pork, some seafood, and coffee), but for the most part, I'm not having any problem finding stuff to eat!  I'm trying not to "eat for two" (I only need around three-hundred additional calories a day at this point in the pregnancy), but instead just eat sensibly when I'm hungry...but I swear, it seems like every hour! lol

Baby Bump:

I'd say The Bump is a little bigger than last week...what do you think?



Well, guys, I'm off to join my friend for a walk in the park!  This Mommy's gotta get her exercise so she and Peanut can stay healthy! ;)  I'll check in again soon, so stay tuned!




2 comments:

  1. Jayme what a cute bump is all about "Faith" and "Love" huh, nice and compared to last week is starting to grow !! Wow go for it girl we are so happy for you both ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Merkan!!! Its definitely all about God's love and our faith in Him! Without Him, I wouldnt be posting on here today! :)

    ReplyDelete