"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

12W4D

Happy Wednesday morning, y'all! I love Wednesdays because they're my "halfway point" to starting a whole new week of pregnancy!  Today we're halfway done with our last week of the first trimester---eeeek!!

Since we don't have any doctor's appointments this week, there's really not a whole lot going on.  My MIL and I did happen to stop by a baby furniture boutique during an outing yesterday, and (of course), I feel in L-O-V-E with a nursery set.  Being the OCD planner that I am, I would have loved to have ordered it yesterday (yes, I am that confident that it's The One), but I decided to wait until my mom comes up to see us for the Gender Reveal Party (in Feb) so I can get her (and my soon-to-be SIL's) expert opinion(s).  You know what they say: Mamas know best! ;) I also want to make the final decision on the wood color once we know Peanut's gender...my husband and I are definitely set on expresso for a boy, but kind of torn between that and white for a girl.  I tell you, these are some serious decisions, people! lol

Now that the furniture is pretty much decided on, it's time to move on to bedding, which will be my project for today!  There are so many choices out there; so many color combos and themes!  The possibilities are endless!  Guess I'd better start narrowing it down, huh?

So, I was reading my "Celebration of Life" devotional this morning (my sweet baby daddy got this for me the day we got our second beta back), and thought the message was so wonderful I just had to share it!  Here's an excerpt from today's devo, entitled "Being Patient":

"...Psalm 37:7 commands us to "rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him".  But, for most of us, waiting patiently for Him is hard.  We are fallible human beings who seek solutions to our problems today, not tomorrow.  Still, God instructs us to wait patiently for His plans to unfold, and that's exactly what we should do...So the next time you find yourself drumming your fingers as you wait for a quick resolution to the inevitable challenges of being an expectant mom," (or the challenges to make it to that point) "take a deep breath and ask God for patience.  Be still before your Heavenly Father and trust His timetable: it's the peaceful way to live."

And the quote for the day is this:

"No matter what we are going through, no matter how long the waiting for answers, of one thing we may be sure.  God is faithful.  He keeps His promises.  What He starts, He finishes, including His perfect work in us." -Gloria Gaither

Doesn't that just give you the glory bumps??  Next time you're feeling more impatient than usual, remember that God's plan is flawless and totally worth waiting for!




No comments:

Post a Comment