"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Two More Weeks!

That's right...in just two weeks from today, we'll finally get to find out whether we have a little boy or girl Peanut growing in this belly of mine! (My husband insists if it's a girl, we should change the nickname to "Peanutette" or something more feminine, lol) Anyway, I am beyond excited!

Since I'm a huge plan-ahead-er, I already have the big details (furniture, bedding, room accessories, stroller, car seat, etc) all picked out and/or saved on registries.  (Did you expect anything less? lol)  Of course, I'll have to wait until we know the gender to start clothes shopping (gender-neutral stuff all looks the same from store to store, if you ask me) and picking out hair accessories or ball caps.  All I'm waiting on is the word "boy" or "girl" and I'm going to be permanently rooted at our local Babies R' Us, Carters, and other baby boutiques!  I can't wait to fill up Peanut's closet with itty bitty outfits!  Eek!!!

So, it seems the only minor detail (let me rephrase that: HUGE DECISION) we're falling short on is...

THE NAME!!!  

Now, don't get me wrong.   have a name of lists for each sex (ok...I'll admit...I've had this list for a long time), and I periodically will go through and weed out the ones that make me go, "What was I thinking adding this to the lists??"  Overall, there are a few top contenders on both lists...names that I just can't get out of my head or that I can just picture us calling our little one.  The only hold-up with deciding on a definite name for either gender is my crazy (but still oh-so-endearing) husband!  He is insistent that we wait until we know if Peanut's a "he" or a "she" before he will even discuss the matter.  In his words, deciding on a boy AND girl name is "double the work".  Yes, you read that right...double the work.  LOL  He says since there's only one baby, we only need one name.  So why don't we just wait until we know for sure what the baby's gender is and then focus all of our attention on picking the perfect name?  I know, he sort of has a point, doesn't he?  But, let me tell ya, this Mommy doesn't care about doing a little extra name-picking work...she just wants to have it decided already! lol  But oh well...I only have to wait two more weeks, right?? (Twiddling my thumbs...;) ) 

While we wait, why don't you all fill me in on what YOU think Peanut's name should be?  Send me those comments/emails/etc!  I can't wait to hear your thoughts! 

Before I sign off for the night and head to the kitchen to start dinner, I wanted to share another PTL moment with you all!  It actually doesn't have to do with Peanut and I, but instead, it's regarding some of those folks I asked you guys to be praying for.  I won't go into detail about their situations, but I wanted to let you know that God is hearing our prayers and working in their lives!  Faith is growing, hearts are being poured out to the Lord, God's plan is slowly being revealed, and miracles are in the beginning stages!  Thank you, Father, for your love, blessings, and patience...and thank you, prayer warriors, for lifting them (and us) up to the Lord!  

No comments:

Post a Comment