"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Twelve Weeks

Ok, so apparently I was a little off on when the second trimester starts, so Peanut and I won't officially hit that marker till the end of this week (not the beginning like I thought).  But oh well---we're still going to celebrate his/her twelve week "pre-birthday"!  (Feel free to do the happy dance with me...y'all know how it goes ;) )

So, this week has been rather exciting!  Let's see what's been going on...

Symptoms:

PTL these seem to have gotten better over the last week!  Either that or I'm just getting used to them all! lol

-nausea (kind of getting used to this)
-moodiness (there's no getting used to this...I feel bad for my poor husband!)
-bigger tahtah's (I DEFINITELY could get used to this! hehehe)
-extreme exhaustion
-on and off headaches
-(painful) gassiness/indigestion

Size of Baby:

Small peach (around 2.5-3 inches long from head to hiney)

*Last week, one of my Pregnancy Apps said he/she would double over the week...but now I'm thinking that's not the case.  But still, Peanut is healthy and growing on track, and that's all that matters!

Milestones/Happenings:

Peanut's intestines that, at first, grew inside the umbilical cord (weird, right?) will now move into his abdomen.  Now that he's using the placenta for nutrients, it will start to grow in size to accommodate for Peanut's ever-increasing needs.  (At birth, the placenta may way as much as two pounds!)

In non-developmental news, Mommy had some big milestones occur this week, too!  Not only did I have my first OB appointment with Dr S, but I was also cleared to start exercising again!  Eek!  I've already been out for two walks (the weather has been yucky here), and it feels so good to be doing something active again!  But don't worry, I'm not doing anything too cray-cray.  I'm trying to stay in shape, not win any races!

As if the permission to exercise wasn't awesome enough, I'm also being weaned off of the estrogen and progesterone!  Last Sunday, I started taking them only every other day, and tonight will be my last dose of both!  MAJOR eek!!!  My tush is quite grateful! lol

More big news: my husband and I went ahead and made our 4D ultrasound appointment for the same week as my sixteen-week visit with Dr S.  We will find out what Peanut is on Valentine's Day (which will make me 16W5D)!  How exciting is that?!  But don't go thinking I'm going to come home and spill the gender beans the same day...you guys have to wait to find out until the rest of the family does at our Gender Reveal Party that Saturday! I know it'll be agonizing, but I promise it'll be worth it! :)

The last major thing to happen this week was my crossing over into maternity-wear territory.  That's right, folks, I am rocking the paneled pants!  And OMG, does it feel soooo much better!  The tummy sleeve was helpful for those three weeks or so (and I probably will still use it for pants that I really want to wear but can't button), but the combo of the undone buttons and the tight tummy sleeve kept cutting into my growing belly, and it was not pleasant!  My MIL and I spent a whole day doing some maternity shopping, and I made out like a bandit in the pants department!  Now if I could only find some more shirts that were long enough to hide the belly panel on the pants but actually fit in the boobs and belly...guess there will be some more shopping in my future!

Food Cravings:

Almost everything.  (I'm serious about this...my appetite is back with a vengeance!)

Food Aversions:

Not much anymore!  There are some things that just don't taste right to me, but all in all, I've been eating pretty well!  Guess those pregnancy pounds will start to pile on now, huh? ;)

Baby Bump:

There's not too much of a difference between this week and last week's photo, but I'm sure The Bump will grow very quickly in the next few weeks!




Even though I don't have an appointment this week, I'm still going to try to post at some point mid-week just to check in and let you all know how Peanut and I are doing.  I hope you guys have an awesome and blessed weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment