"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Twenty-Seven Weeks

Twenty-seven weeks down, only thirteen left to go till our tiny miracle makes her debut!  And only one more to go till we're in the third trimester---woohoo!  We're getting closer to the last lap of this amaaaazing journey, and I'm getting more and more excited every day!

Now, let's take a little looky-loo at what my sweet little cupcake's been up to this week!

Symptoms:

-fatigue
-restlessness
-pulling/cramping in side (I think this is my round ligaments stretching out again...)
-headaches (on and off)
-occasional nausea (mainly when I eat too much)
-heartburn/indigestion
-backache/achy hips

Size of Baby:

Cauliflower (about 15 inches long from head to toes and 2.2 pounds)

Milestones/Happenings:

Poor Reagan is running out of room in there!  My uterus is only about 10.5 inches from top to bottom and 11 inches from hip to hip, which means she's probably all rolled up like a little baby burrito!  I can tell she is taking up most of my belly now---especially when she starts punching me on one end and kicking me on the other!  She is still quite active, but I know that'll slow down a little more as she continues to grow and runs out of space for her gymnastic routines.

Her brainstem is almost fully developed, which is what helps her to breathe and control her temperature.   That means that if she were to be born right now, she would have a very good chance of surviving (with the help of the NICU, of course)!  That makes me one happy Mommy!

Belly Pic:

I know she needs to grow at least another four pounds or so, but I don't know where in the world I'm going to put it all!  This belly of mine seems to be stretched to the max already!  Whew, lol.



Well, it's time to go get ready for my good friend's gender reveal party!  I've been looking forward to this for weeks now (well, ever since she told me she was preggo!), and I can't wait to see who she and her hubby will be welcoming come October!  (FYI: My vote is for a boy! ;) )  

My baby daddy, MIL, and I (and Reagan, of course) are going to be headed down home this Thursday for my little brother's wedding next weekend, so I'll definitely post sometime before that and then check back in with y'all once we get back for our weekly update.  So, until we chat again, have a blessed rest of the weekend and an awesome start to the work week!

Verse of the Day:  "May the words of my mouth and meditation of my heart be pleasing to You, O'Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."  (Psalm 19:14)  I pray that everything I do and say honor my God.  After all, He deserves nothing less than my best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment