"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Twenty-Six Weeks

Today is going to be a good day---I can feel it already!

I was awoken by my little one doing back flips (telling me she was hungry, I guess), and actually feeling pretty fabulous!  I had the honor of making my amazing baby daddy breakfast in bed (which is the first time I've done that in three and a half years of marriage...shame on me!).  I also already have some of my "chores" started for the day.  Later today we're heading to a friend's house, where we plan on relaxing outside in the sun and having a small crab boil.  I mean, doesn't that sound like an awesome Saturday?! I. Am. Blessed!

As if my weekend couldn't start out any better, we get to celebrate yet another week of baby growth! Today marks twenty-six weeks, which means we're only two weeks away from the third trimester!! EEK! Let's see what this little nugget of joy has been up to this week...

Symptoms:

-nausea (it's baaaaaack!  More so after I eat than when I'm actually hungry...but either way, being queasy is not my idea of fun!)
-indigestion/heartburn (which doesn't help the nausea)
-fatigue
-backache
-achy/sharp pains in hips (I'm assuming this is round ligament pain from all of the stretching)
-foods "taste funny" again...even ones I just ate the day before!
-bubble gut (I have a feeling this is only going to get worse...lol)
-increased hunger/decreased capacity to eat as much as I want
-leg cramps
-blurred vision (this happened all of a sudden the other morning and freaked me OUT!  It resolved after about thirty minutes, though--PTL!)
-VERY dry skin (I have to apply my Tummy Butter at least twice a day now)

Size of Baby:

Head of Lettuce (around 14 inches long---what head of lettuce is 14 inches long?? But I digress, lol---and 1.75 pounds)

Milestones/Happenings:

Reagan is now able to open her eyes and take a look around!  Ok, so maybe it's a tad bit dark in there...but she should be able to detect like from outside the uterus, such as the light from a flashlight (we haven't tried this experiment out yet).  She's also more used to the noises going on in my body (heartbeat, digestion, etc) and responds to outside noises as well (like her Daddy's deep voice).

The other night, Daddy-Pants (yes, that's my husband's nickname...and he wears it well! lol) got to feel her little hand (or what we assumed was her hand), and when he gently pushed on it, she pushed back!   Amaaaaaze-balls!!  It's so cool to be able to "interact" with our daughter while she's in there growing!

Belly Pic:

The Bump is poking out a little more this week!  I'm definitely filling my shirts out a little better (both in the boobs and the belly), and I've gotten to the point where "underbelly" maternity pants feel soooo much better than those full-paneled ones.  Praise God we're hitting the time of year where I can wear shorts and a tank top (or a sundress) and be comfortable; dressing for cold weather with a growing belly is quite a feat! lol

Side Note: Don't mind the nice red splotch on my side...I had an allergic reaction to a bug bite earlier this week and it's just now starting to go away.  (My skin is definitely more sensitive nowadays!  Yikes!)



Time for to finish these chores and enjoy some quality time with the hubs!  I hope y'all enjoy this beautiful day as much as we are!  Before I go, here's my Verse of the Day, which I hope puts a smile on your face and reminds you how blessed we truly are!  "This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it!"  (Psalm 118:24)

See you back here soon, guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment