"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Twenty-Four Week Appointment

We had our appointment with Dr S this morning to check on Miss Reagan, and I'm pleased to report things are looking great!  Here's a brief synopsis of what happened...

-My blood pressure was perfect (115/64)--woohoo!  My husband had checked it last night with our manual cuff (just for poops and giggles), and it was 98/62, which was a little lower than usual for me.  So I was glad to see the top number had come back up to a more "normal" range.

-My weight was still on track (their scale showed I gained five pounds in four weeks, which still isn't too shabby, so I'll take it ;) ); my total weight gain so far is twelve pounds.

-My uterus was measuring as it should be for twenty-four weeks.  To get this measurement, they measure from the pubic bone to the top of my uterus, which is somewhere in between my belly button and tahtah's now.  The result should be within 4cm of the baby's gestational age (so, for me, 24cm +/- 4cm).  Dr S's nurse, Katie, didn't tell me exactly what my measurement was, but she said it was "perfect", so that's good enough for me!

-Reagan's heartbeat sounded fabulous; it was somewhere in the 140's-150's.  It was hard to keep tabs on it because she was being such a wiggle worm in there!  I could feel her rolling around (as could Katie) and then she finally gave the probe one good kick, as if to say, "Hey guys!  Leave me alone!" Man, she's bossy already! Must get that from her Daddy...lol.  Either way, her ticker sounded good and they were happy she's so active!

-I went ahead and scheduled our twenty-eight week appointment (May 7th @ 9:45am), which will include the dreaded glucose tolerance test...blah.  I'm not looking forward to drinking the Glucola (or "stale Sunny D", as the receptionist put it, lol), but we might as well get this out of the way!  I'll also get my TDap shot (a vaccination booster that you should get every ten years or so).  Sounds like a fun appointment to me! ;) On a brighter note, by the time this appointment comes around, we'll be hitting another milestone: the third trimester!  Eeeek!

Well, that was about it!  I'm so thankful to have made it this far, to have made it through another appointment without any problems, and for my little Peanut to be healthy as a horse (okay, a Shetland pony...she's still small, lol)!  I pray that God keeps a hedge of protection around myself and Reagan as she continues to grow, and also that He continues to use us to His glory! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment