"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Twenty-Five Weeks

We're so close to the third trimester I can almost taste it, y'all!  Only three weeks left and we'll be in the "last leg" of our pregnancy journey...eeeeeek!

Of course, since we're nearing the last trimester, there are some things that need to be accomplished so we can be ready for our little one!  Here are a few of the things we're working on...

-Reading material: Daddy opted to read "What To Expect the First Year", while I chose "Babywise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Sleep" (these are both actually quite interesting and we're learning a lot!).

-Reagan's nursery: It's really coming together nicely!  All we're missing now is the glider/recliner (which should be arriving any day) and the bedding (which is on my registry).  Oh, and little things like the laundry hamper, diaper genie, toy box, etc., which are all on the registry, too.  I promise I'll post pictures of the nursery whenever we get the bedding and glider all set up!

-Picking a pediatrician:  We have a great one all picked out, but I just need to make the call to set up an initial consult.  I've been putting this off a little because the doctor is actually out on maternity-leave right now, but I know I need to get it done ASAP!

-Baby showers:  I'm SUPER excited about these!  One is the middle of May (back home with my mom's side of the family) and the other is the beginning of June (here in town with my husband's family).  I can't wait to shower this little girl with blessings and let her know how loved she is already! :)

-Schedule my maternity pictures and Reagan's newborn session: I have already contacted a local photographer (who was very impressed I was calling so far in advance, lol), and she will be contacting me when it gets a little closer to time to actually set a date for these.  I'm quite excited for the maternity pictures because I would love to have some great shots of the hubs, Reagan (in utero), and I to be able to cherish forever!

-Set up "baby stuff":  Once we receive/purchase the stuff we'll need for Miss Peanut, someone will have to put it all together.  I'm voting for my loving, gifted husband...yes, honey, you read that right, lol.  Our deal was if someone else puts together the baby furniture (which was done by the man who delivered it all), then he'd tackle the pack n' play, video camera for the monitor, and other important items that come disassembled.  That's not too bad a deal, right? ;)

I think that's about it for our To Do list right now.  I'm sure we'll get it all accomplished before too long!

Okay, sorry to ramble.  Now for Reagan's Pregnancy Progress Update!

Symptoms:

-heartburn/indigestion (my doctor started me on Zantac 150mg twice a day to try and nip this in the bud...we shall see if it helps!)
-fatigue
-restlessness at night (I just can't get comfy anymore!)
-I can feel myself "slowing down"...I don't do things as quickly as I used to, and I just have NO energy!
-pregnancy brain (this is no joke, people!  I can't remember SQUAT! lol)
-increased hunger (about every two hours)
-unable to eat as much at one time without feeling like I'm going to pop
-leg cramps (mainly when I'm working out)
-backache
-off and on headaches
-the sides of my uterus (down low near my groin) are very sore and tender...it must be the ligaments trying to stretch as my uterus grows

Size of Baby:

Rutabaga (for those of you who don't know what this is, it's like a turnip...and yes, I had to google it, too, lol); about 13.5-14 inches long and 1.5 pounds

Milestones/Happenings:

The blood vessels underneath Peanut's skin are starting to form, which means that she should take on a more "pink" appearance this week.  Her nostrils are also starting to open, and she's "practicing" breathing by inhaling/exhaling amniotic fluid through her mouth.  The hair on her head (if she has any...I was completely bald till I was two, lol) is starting to come in, too.

Reagan's kicks, flips, rolls, and punches are definitely becoming stronger by the day!  And she's always on the go!  She learned a new "trick" this week, too...she found out she can stretch both her arms and legs at the same time, which makes me feel like there's two babies in there instead of one! lol  She has also found my rib cage...ouch.  (Mommy had to have a conversation with her about this after the second time of her punching my lower rib, and she hasn't done it since.  Maybe she'll be an obedient child after all! ;) )

Belly Pic:

It's getting bigger!  I don't know how our bodies accommodate for these precious little babies, but I feel like mine is at my max already---and there's fifteen weeks left to go! lol  I feel like my skin is getting very tight and dry lately, so I've been trying to keep it moisturized (and keep the stretch marks at bay) with my Palmer's Tummy Butter.  Love this stuff!




Ohhhhhhtay guys, that's all of our "news" for this week!  Now we're off to run a few errands, work out, and then maybe snag a few minutes of sunshine.  I'll see you all back here sometime next week!  God bless! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment