"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Thirty-Six Week Appointment

Well y'all, I've officially hit that point in my pregnancy.  You mommies out there know exactly what I'm talking about.  That point when you realize...

...this child is never coming out!!  

She has set up camp in there, is roasting marshmellows, and is determined to live in the warmth of my womb forever.  (Deep sigh)

Okay, I know...I'm being a little dramatic, lol.  But after my appointment with Dr S this morning, I am just sure I'm going to be prego forever!  

Maybe I should give you a little summary of the visit so you know why I say that:

-My blood pressure is still excellent (113/74), and weight has kind of stalled but is still acceptable (I've gained 19 pounds so far).

-Reagan's heart rate sounded fab at 136 bpm, which increased to 149 when my stomach started growling and it woke her up, lol.  They always like to see a good acceleration (increase in heart rate with movement), so that was a plus.

-My uterus is measuring 34cm, which is down from the 35cm that it was measuring when I went in for my surprise visit last Thursday.  Dr S isn't TOO concerned about this because she's been measuring a little behind for a while now, but he said we'll "keep an eye on it" at my next few appointments.  If he's increasingly concerned, they will more than likely do an u/s to check on how big she's looking.

-My cervix wasn't checked again because it was just checked on Thursday, which really didn't surprise me.  The cramping/back pain that I was having has really died down a lot, so the only "contractions" I've been having frequently are Braxton Hicks.  But he will recheck me next week to see if there's been any change.  My lady parts were actually grateful for this break in probing, to be quite honest (lol).  

-I asked about when he would induce me if there was nothing happening down there by the time my due date rolls around, and he said (this is the depressing part) that he would have me wait until FORTY-ONE weeks to be induced if there was absolutely no change in my cervix by then.  Waaaahhhh!!!  I know that's only one week past my due date, but it seems like an eternity from now!!! lol  

-The decent part of his answer was that if there WAS a change in my cervix (meaning if I were dilated a little, my cervix was softened, or was thinning out), then he would offer an induction sometime around thirty-nine weeks.  Okay, that doesn't sound so bad, right?  I can handle that.  But then he followed it up with, "I'd say count on going past your due date though...that way you're not disappointed when thirty-nine weeks and then your due date passes by".  Well, poo.  Poo, I say.  Way to build up a gal's hopes and dreams and then smash them to pieces, Doc! LOL 

So, that's pretty much the gist of it.  I know it doesn't sound like that bad of news, but when you're thirty-six and a half weeks pregnant, tired, cranky, and ready to just meet your baby girl already, it's definitely not the news you'd like to hear--that's for sure! ;)

But with all that said, you know what?? I'm still pregnant with a healthy little girl, still healthy myself, and still super blessed!!!  There's nothing I can do now but stay optimistic (I know it doesn't sound like it from this post, but I'm trying! lol), keep praying, continue to take care of myself and Miss Peanut, and wait on her much-anticipated arrival!  So that's what I'm gonna do! :)

And what better way to stay focused on these goals than by reciting some amazing scripture!  Today's Verse of the Day couldn't be more perfect: "Do not fear, for I am with you.  Do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you; surely I will help you; surely I will hold you up with My righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)  God doesn't always promise it'll be easy, and He doesn't promise it'll happen on our time table, but He DOES promise to be there, to strengthen us, and to hold us up when we're weak!  Amen!!  








No comments:

Post a Comment