"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Forty Weeks

We did it.

We made it.

FORTY. WEEKS.

Say it with me, y'all: Eeeeeeek!!!!

Miss Reagan Elizabeth could literally come at any time now, and I know I, for one, am praying it's TODAY!  After spending all day (and I mean all day...4am to 9pm) yesterday pushing her butt and feet out of my ribs and feeling her pushing hard against my cervix, I am R-E-A-D-Y! lol

Now, time for our last Pregnancy Progress Update (sniff, sniff...)!

Symptoms:

-fatigue (I've been getting about 2-3 hours of sleep a night...ugh)
-restlessness
-nausea
-upset stomach
-increased aches and pains
-crampiness
-general feeling like I'm squishing her head when I'm sitting and like she's going to fall out when I'm standing/walking

Size of Baby:

Pumpkin (7-7.5 pounds and 19-21 inches...give or take)

Milestones/Happenings:

Our little Peanut's all done growing!  Her sole job right now is making her way down the birth canal...which is an impressive nine inches long from start to finish!  No wonder it takes these poor babies such a long time to come out, and why they're so exhausted once they finally do---that's quite the journey! lol

Belly Pic:

I wouldn't say The Bump is "bigger" this week, but I do feel a little bloated today, which may be noticeable in the pics.  I've managed, so far, to avoid the dreaded bloat/water weight throughout the last forty weeks...I sure hope I don't puff up like a poisoned puppy now! ;)

(Again, please ignore the lovely stripe down my side left from my shirt...I'm always all marked up in the morning time.)



Reagan also received her official Eviction Notice this morning...she's got until Monday morning at 3:30am to get out, or I'm gonna make her! Hahaha!



Well, I can't believe this is the last update I'll post while prego...but I do promise to keep posting about our little miracle and how God is continuing to use and bless us!  I may also be asking for New Mommy advice, so you guys please stay tuned so you can help a sister out! ;)

I plan on blogging sometime after we come home from the hospital (which I would imagine will be Wednesday evening) to share our birth story and a few pictures of Miss Reagan...but please don't be alarmed if I don't get a chance to post until a little later in the week once we get all settled!

As we prepare to end this chapter of our journey and begin another one, I can't help but stop and praise God again for His faithfulness, love, and mercy throughout this "trial" in our lives.  The Verse of the Day, James 1:2-4, says, "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, lacking in nothing." This is 100% true.  When I started out on this road to Mommyhood, I thought I had it all figured out.  Little did I know that God would use this intense desire to be a mother to test me, break me, and then remold me into the Christian (and future Mommy) He wanted me to be.  And little did I know that this would be the most amazing, life-changing experience of my life...but God knew.  It's funny how He always does!

So, even when things seem hopeless, or when you feel like giving up the fight, remember that God can (and WILL) use you and the trial you're going through (the trial He's specifically PLACED you in) to mature your faith, mold you, and use you for His glory!

Now, T minus thirty-eight hours left to go, then...

...LET'S GO HAVE A BABY!!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment