"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Thirty-Eight Weeks

T-minus fourteen days till my due date, people...fourteen days!

Major eek moment!!  

I can't believe we're this close to finally meeting our little girl...and yet it still seems so far away because we don't know exactly when she'll arrive!  I think not knowing and the anticipation of my water breaking or serious contractions starting makes the days drag by much more slowly.  I wish she'd just make an appointment already so Mommy and Daddy can have a proper countdown! ;) 

So, what's going on in this womb of mine?  Let's take a peek...

Symptoms:

-fatigue (I have been super lazy this week and only worked out twice...the majority of the rest of my days have been spent on the couch resting up)
-restlessness (this hasn't been nearly as bad this week...I have actually gotten a few nights of pretty decent sleep!)
-itching/burning skin (I feel like my skin is on fire and will rip open at any minute---whew!)
-shooting pains in my cervix (maybe she's moving down a bit more?? PLEASE say yes! lol)
-shooting pains in my hips/groin/thighs (I'm assuming this is round ligament pain from the pressure her big ole noggin is putting on my pelvic area)
-more sensitive tahtah's
-(TMI ALERT!) a few white/stringy pieces of discharge in my urine earlier in the week, and then a small amount of what looked like old blood Wednesday night (could this possibly be part of my mucous plug?? Praying so!)
-frequent urination...duh (lol)

Size of Baby:

Pumpkin (around 20 inches long and 6.5-7 pounds)

Milestones/Happenings:

Our chunky monkey is still gaining weight...about half an ounce a day!  Although she's getting bigger and making her way further down into my pelvic cavity, her movements haven't slowed down as much as I thought they would.  I haven't noticed as much hand/arm movement above my pubic bone, but she still kicks her legs and wiggles her booty like she's in a dance audition!  Sometimes my hubs and family get to hear the "serious" conversations that ensue when she goes bonkers in there...such as, "Reagan! Honey! Pleeeeease don't hurt Mommy!" or, "It's coming, baby girl!  I'm trying to get the food to you as quickly as possible!  Be patient!"  If you're wondering the same thing they do when they hear these convos, the answer is NO, she doesn't listen to me.  Miss Priss sure is a stubborn little booger! lol

Reagan's lungs are actively secreting surfactant, which is the substance that will help her to breathe on her own once she's born.  She's been practicing her breathing technique for a while now, which (believe it or not) I can actually feel/see at times!  How amaze-balls is that?!  

She is still shedding that cheesy coat (vernix) and furry coat (lanugo) she's been wearing to keep her warm while she bakes.  She'll swallow these particles along with the amniotic fluid and it will all come out as part of the super sticky/tarry first poo (meconium) she'll grace us with shortly after birth. Exciting stuff, huh? lol

Belly Pic:

I wouldn't necessarily say the belly has gotten bigger this week, but it does seem to change shape on a daily basis based on how Peanut has her legs/butt positioned.  Today, I feel like she's laying with her back against the front of my stomach and her legs tucked up underneath her, so you may notice that The Bump looks "fuller" up top.  By later today, she'll probably turn to the side and stretch her legs out into my ribs, which will make it look flatter and like she's "dropped" more.  Go figure!

I've been on stretch mark alert for a while now, especially since my belly started to fill out more in the last couple of months.  I am totally convinced that I have a few small, flesh-colored marks to the left of my belly button that connects the dark lines above and below it.  I really have to be in the right light to be able to see them, but I swear they're there.  My husband and mom both think I'm nuts and can't see them, no matter which way I twist and turn.  Oh well.  As frustrating as it is to me to think that I made it this far and then BAM, here come the stretch marks, I guess I should consider myself quite lucky if this is as bad as they're gonna get!  Not to mention, I know it'll be totally worth it once I hold this little girl in my arms, and I bet the thought of a few tiny scars will be long gone!



Now...what to do, what to do...?  I'm still not feeling very energetic, so I have a feeling I'll spend a good part of the day (and weekend, for that matter) just laying around.  I've gotta be rested and ready in case Reagan decides to grace us with her presence, right? ;)

My next appointment with Dr S is at 9:15am on Tuesday, so be looking for an update sometime that day (or Wednesday, in case I get side-tracked)!  Please keep those prayers coming, y'all!  God is in control!

Verse of the Day:  "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37:4) 



No comments:

Post a Comment