"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Thirty-Six Weeks + A Surprise Doctor's Visit

Yep, you read that right.  Surprise!

We had a minor "scare" Thursday (lots of cramping and back pain that started around 10:30am and came and went all day), so we paid a little visit to Dr S around 3:30pm to be checked out.  But don't worry, you didn't miss anything---nothing's going on down there. (Insert super sad face here.)  I would definitely let you all know if there was any news, even if the hubs had to post it! ;)

The nurse practitioner, Sandra, said my cervix is still closed, but that she could feel Reagan's head down there (not easily---she has a little way to go before she's actually putting the needed pressure on my cervix).  Her heart rate sounded great and there's lots of movement, so everything looks peachy-keen as far as baby goes (PTL!).  As for the pains I've been having, Sandra told me to just monitor the contractions/cramps and call them back (or go to the hospital) if they start to become more frequent and intense.  So, basically, just keep waiting and doing what I'm doing!  Well, alllllllrighty then.

(Side Note/Warning for Future Mommies: having your cervix checked is NOT pleasant. Things are swollen and tender down there as it is (sorry for the TMI, but it's true!).  Just ask your doctor/NP to use LOTS of lube and take it slow, and then focus on taking deep breaths throughout the exam.  The more you tense up, the worse the pain will be!  Hope that helps!)

I have to say, I was quite disappointed when NOTHING was going on in that department.  I guess I just assumed with all of the pressure, BH contractions, and cramps I've been feeling over the last few weeks that I'd at least be dilated a smidgen!  But after I shed a few tears (yes, I know, I'm hormonal...what's new? lol), I prayed and thanked God for the health of myself and Reagan and asked for peace and patience as we continue to wait for her arrival.  I know He already has her birthday, as well as the labor and delivery, all planned out, and that whether it's tonight or four weeks from now, it's going to perfect.  I just need to be patient and wait for Him to finish His work on her! So, of course, after praying, I felt much better!  I slept pretty well that night (I was pretty exhausted), and woke up with some renewed energy yesterday.  I'm ready to conquer these next four weeks...we can do it! :)

So, obviously that's why I didn't get around to posting Thursday (which was the day I originally planned on checking in).  Sorry guys!  But now that you're all caught up on our little false alarm, let's see how Reagan's weekly update is looking!  We're at THIRTY-SIX weeks!!!! Ahhhhh!

Symptoms:

-cramps/back pain (duh, lol)
-nausea (on and off)
-restlessness (I've been sleeping on the couch for a solid week now...I wouldn't say it's "more comfortable", but at least I don't feel like I'm keeping my honey up all night with my insomnia)
-fatigue
-bursts of energy (these don't last long, but they're welcome when they do come!)
-hunger (I couldn't get enough to eat yesterday!  She must have hit another growth spurt.)
-inability to eat a lot at once (I've actually started eating smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day and that seems to be helping with the overstuffed feeling)
-heartburn/indigestion

Size of Baby:

Some sort of melon...some apps still say a honeydew while some say a crenshaw melon...which I don't even know what that is, lol (around 19 inches long and somewhere around 6 pounds...unless she's still a chunky butt, and then she could be closer to 6.5 pounds)

Milestones/Happenings:

Peanut is pretty much just hanging out upside down (head down), getting fatter, waiting for the Big Day to arrive!  She is still moving a lot, but mainly it's just wiggling her butt or tucking/straightening her legs (both in my ribs...ugh).  Every now and then I'll feel her head down low or feel her little hands tickling me when I'm sitting up.  As much as I want to see her sweet face, I will miss getting feel her wiggling around in there...just maybe not the extremely painful, Super Baby movements she hits me with sometimes! lol

Belly Pic:

The Bump continues to grow!  I'm feeling "rounder" this week...whatcha think?  Still no stretch marks yet (praise God!) and my belly button is still half in/half out.  It can't decide what it wants to do, I guess, lol.



Well, that's a wrap, y'all!  I promise I'll keep you guys updated on any more "surprises" and definitely check in after our scheduled appointment with Dr S on Tuesday.  Until then, please be praying for sweet baby Reagan and I, and for a safe, quick delivery---whenever God has that scheduled to be! :)

Verse of the Day:  "Guide me in Your way and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long." (Psalm 25:5)





No comments:

Post a Comment