"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Thirty-Seven Weeks

I know it seems I'm always late on my posting lately, but I promise this time I have a good excuse!  

My parents came for last one "pre-Reagan visit" this weekend--yaaaaay!  They arrived very late Friday night and left earlier today, so it was a quick trip, but totally worth it.  It was nice to just lay around, relax, and talk about the joy of what's to come soon...man, do I love those people! :)

Now, time for a little update on baby girl!  We've finally hit thirty-seven weeks, which is considered "full-term" in the world of OB---woohoo!  That means that she could come any day now!  Gaaaah!!!

Symptoms:

-fatigue (not quite as bad the last day or two...I managed to catch a few good hours of sleep and have found a mysterious burst of energy...PTL!)
-cramping/back pain (this comes and goes and hasn't been as frequent as in the last few weeks)
-sharp pains..."down there" (sorry---TMI, I know.  But it feels like she's ramming her head against my cervix, and it's definitely enough to stop me dead in my tracks! lol)
-stuffy head/runny nose/sore throat (I think that pesky cold finally got the best of me on Wednesday...but praise God it's almost completely done already!)
-achy legs/thighs/butt
-feeling quite "calm" the last few days (maybe this is due to me just feeling better physically, or maybe it's just God answering my prayers for peace and comfort, but I feel a lot more at peace about awaiting Miss Reagan's arrival!)

Size of Baby:

Leek (or a head of celery...about 19-20 inches long and 6.5 pounds)

Milestones/Happenings:

Although her major growth spurt is over, Reagan will still continue to gain somewhere around half an ounce of fat a day (so almost a quarter of a pound a week).  She's slowing down and saving up her energy for the Big Day, although she still has her moments of rebellion where she tries to escape through my sides and/or rib cage.  I have to keep reminding her that the exit is the OTHER way...I'm hoping she catches on soon! lol

She's been lying with her back/hiney on my right side and feet on my left since our last u/s (so thirty-two weeks), but yesterday she decided to make the flip over to the left.  As you can imagine since there's very limited room in there, this flip was quite painful, but also kind of interesting to watch.  My mom got a laugh out of feeling her constant wiggling, pushing, and kicking until she finally got comfy again...and then give herself the hiccups, lol.  She said she's never seen/felt a baby move so much inside someone; I guess baby girl just likes to show off already! ;)

Belly Pic:

Every time I think I'm out of room in the ole' Womb Inn, she seems to prove me wrong and grow just a little more.  My guess now (based on the size of my belly) is that she'll come out weighing some where around six and a half pounds and measuring at least twenty inches or so (I was a long kid, too, lol). So basically, about the size she is now, give or take a few ounces/inches.  If she's any bigger than that, I'll be flabbergasted, because there is no way I can be hiding an eight pound munchkin in there! lol



Well, that's all for today!  Time to go enjoy the rest of this rainy day watching a movie with my fab hubby and kitty-boy (and Peanut, of course--can't forget her ;) )!  I'll be back on to update you guys about my appointment on Tuesday.  Please be praying for continued good health for us both and a promising report from Dr S!

Today's Verse of the Day is probably a repeat, but it's one of my faves, so it's worth using again! Proverbs 3:5 says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Even though we don't know what these next few days or week might hold, I'm going to keep trusting that my God does.  And I have a feeling it's going to be even more spectacular than we could ever imagine!  I can't wait!! EEEK!!!


2 comments:

  1. Getting close now! Super exciting! Can't wait to see what she looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Sarah! I'm hoping she has her Daddy's dimples and nose :)

    Missed you at lunch today!! Hopefully next time we meet for lunch it'll be with a baby girl in tow! Eeek! <3

    ReplyDelete