"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Thirty-Nine Weeks

T-minus seven days till our due date, people!! SEVEN DAYS!!

Even more exciting than that:  t-minus nine days till induction day (give or take depending on my progress and if there are any beds available that day)!  Woohoo!!  Who's excited?? This chick!!  And Reagan is, too, because she's dancing a little jig in there as we speak! lol

I can't believe this could potentially be my last Pregnancy Progress Update (if she were to come before her due date)...it's a little bittersweet! As much as I've enjoyed sharing this amazing journey with you all, I am MORE than ready to welcome Miss Thing into the world and start the journey of motherhood!   But don't worry, there will be plenty of posts regarding that journey, too--complete with pics of our munchkin! :)

So, let's see what Reagan's been up to since I left you last!

Symptoms:

-the usual (fatigue, restlessness, achy hips/back/thighs/hoo-hoo)
-shooting/jabbing round ligament pain (whether laying down or up moving around)
-decreased appetite (nothing sounds very good anymore! Boooo!)
-constant pressure in my lady parts (which is definitely intensified by exercising now)
-off and on cramping
-tightening contractions, which have gotten to be a little more painful over the last few days

Size of Baby:

Mini Watermelon (roughly 20-21 inches and 7-7.25 pounds)

Milestones/Happenings:

Peanut is steadily preparing for her arrival, making her way further down towards the cervix/birth canal.  She is still gaining little bits of fat every day, but for the most part, she's as big as she's going to be when she comes out!  While my baby apps say that movement slows down as she gets ready for her debut, I beg to differ.  I don't think anything can slow this little girl down!  Just when I think "hmm...she's been a little less active today", she reads my mind and gets things cranked up again!  She's already trying to prove her Mommy wrong...I'm in trouble, lol.

Belly Pic:

I think she may have dropped down a little more, because (to me) my belly looks like it's not quite as "full".  What do y'all think?  There's still no denying there's a big ole baby in there! lol




So, what's on the agenda for today?  Nada.  Nil.  Zip.  After trying to keep myself busy all week (with lunches out, a little shopping/errand-running, and exercising every day), I plan on doing nothing but relaxing all weekend.  Hopefully this relaxation will signal my body to kick this labor process into high gear!  (Hey, I can dream, can't I? ;) )

I'll keep you all posted on what Dr S says at our appointment this Tuesday (at 10:45am).  Please be praying for good news, continued health, and maybe a little extra stamina to get me through this last week!  As we near the end of this journey, this Verse of the Day is my motivation to keep on keepin' on!  "I have fought the good fight; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith." (2 Timothy 4:7)  I couldn't have done it without my faith in God, God's constant presence in my life, and all of the love and support from each and every one of you guys.  Thank you, all, for being a part of our journey!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment