"But if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea', and it would obey you." -Luke 17:6

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Thirty-Nine Week Appointment

The verdict is in, folks...

...and we have some progress being made towards getting Miss Reagan here!  Yaaaaay!

Ok, so its not a lot.  But at this point, I'll take what I can get!  Beggars can't be choosers, right? ;)

Here's a quick little summary of today's visit, starting with the usual info...

-My blood pressure still a little higher for me this pregnancy (but "okay") at 135/84

-My weight has gone down some more since last week, putting my total weight gain at 17.5 pounds (like always, Dr S isn't concerned...and he said it's quite normal to lose a few pounds in the last few weeks because of fluid/hormonal shifts)

-He did measure my belly this week, which measured 34cm (an increase of 2cm in two weeks, so not too shabby).  Again, he's not concerned because everything else points to Reagan being a healthy-sized bambino.

-Baby Girl's heart rate was in the 120's-130's; I think she was sleeeeeeping, lol.

Ok, now for the good stuff!

-My cervix is 1cm dilated and 80% effaced (woohoo!!!!)

-Dr S tried to "stretch" my cervix a little while he was in there to get it to a solid 1cm since it's still moderately firm...hopefully this will encourage it to dilate a little more quickly!

-Miss Priss is at "-1 station", which is good because the scale goes from -3 (meaning her head is all the way up in the pelvis) to +3 (meaning you'd better be ready to catch her because she's coming out! lol).  So she's almost halfway through the birth canal---way to go little girl!

-Our induction is still set for next Monday morning, July 29th (we have to call at 3:30am to see if a bed is available).  Because I'm already dilated, he won't need to give me the Cervidil to ripen my cervix--we'll just skip straight to the Pitocin (IV medicine to make my uterus contract more regularly).  After I've dilated a little more, he'll break my water and then it'll (hopefully) be smooth sailing from there! Dr S said he plans to have a baby for us by the end of that day...EEEEEK!

That's pretty much everything in a nutshell!  The official countdown is T minus six days (well, five and some change, since it's evening time already...lol), but we're not completely ruling out the chance of her making her debut earlier than that!  I'll keep you all posted on any promising signs of labor (or if I actually DO go into labor), and if nothing happens by Saturday, I'll meet you back here for one FINAL Pregnancy Progress Update!

Before I go for the night, I wanted to share these Verse(s) of the Day that I posted on my Facebook page this morning as I was getting ready to go to my appointment.  Man, did they prove to be true! "All things are possible for those who believe." (Mark 9:23) "Nothing is impossible with God!" (Luke 1:37) I've said it before and I'll say it again: God is good ALL the time! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment